Helllpppppp!!!! I'm guna lose it!!

edited August 2011 in Breastfeeding
2wks postpartum & my milk supply is going down I feel like I'm playing a game of cat & mouse I strictly pump just so I can rest but its backfiring again I can't sleep cuz I'm stressing about not being able to feed her & needing to pump...i rlly need to sleep how can I or do I switch to formula? I need to its not even a want anymore I'm going insane! I get bloody noses, dizzy spells, crazy headaches & now I'm so tired I just wanna cry, she's guna be up all night I'm guna have to pump in between and I'm still guna get no sleep wtf do I do please someone anyone help me??!!

Comments

• Get mothers milk tea its great you'll become a fountain!! Hang in there don't give up. Stress is the worst thing!
  • Is dat da name of it? I hate tea but I guess at dis point ill try anything @momofSOONtobe7
  • Yes that's what its called I know there's something else too but I can't remember the name of it. It starts with an F. If you look down farther in some of the older discussions you may find it. I think bentlys mom may have pirated something but I could be wrong. I know this same thing is on here. Add some milk and sugar and you'll never know. I hate the taste of that tea but I toughed it out. I added extra sugar to.drowned out the taste lol. Its an organic tea but ill tell you it works!!! Good luck hun
  • No problem. If you get some let me know if it works!
  • The other stuff is fenugreek/fenurgeek, lol, I can't remember the spelling.. health food stores and vitamin shops sell it.
  • Fenugreek 3to4 pills 3 times a day 9-12 per day 24 to 72 hours see the results
  • Fenugreek capsules is what she's thinking of. I have them and so far they have increased my supply by about half an ounce. But I'm only taking 2-3 a day when I could be taking 8. But I'm having the same issues as you Momma and I'm 3 weeks and 5 days pp. I need to find the tea. And I have a BF post that mentions somethin else we can take as well.
  • Blessed thristle pills same dose
  • Eat oatmeal and raisins and plenty of water
  • How often are you pumping?
  • I would sleep with the baby and let it nurse while you sleep .... if you can take naps during the day tomorrow and check out mothers milk yea or the fenugreek. If you eat mint I would stop that for right now. And if you let the baby nurse and then you pump your milk supply should increase. I've also heard eat oatmeal and drink lots of water. :) they are little such a short time so try to relax and remember that your child will sleep better in no time. Until then try napping if you can ;)
  • Lots and lots of water!! Mine started going down because I was dehydrated but then went back up after tons of water.
  • yes I agree with navybabyonway...lot's and lot's of water. same happened to me...low on milk and started to drink water and it got better. also there's this tea at Fred Meyers u can get...it's in thier organic section which also helped me out alot. Makes u get more milk. great luck hun!
  • @starxoxo9 I try to at least very 3hrs
    Thanks everyone I'm guna try all yur suggestions and see how it goes...
  • Sounds really crazy but my whole family does this.. have a beer once in a while while bfing of course wait a hour or 2.. but for some reason or another it helps Ur milk supply.

Don't stress over it stress can take away Ur milk completely!!! Also remember supply and demand!

ONE MORE THING IT GETS EASIER AFTER A COUPLE WEEKS!!! Give it time Ur body is just regulating and Ur actual milk supply will come down soon!!