Switching from breast milk to formula??? Anyone else??

edited August 2011 in Breastfeeding
I'm so ugh with pumping she doesn't eat well with actual breastfeeding but she does with pumping & bottle feeding but more my production is showing down and its been stressful. I am rlly considering going to formula but I feel guilty I know its expensive & breast milk is so much better for her. Has anyone else switched? Why? I cld rlly use some advice seems like everyone is against formula :/

Comments

• Don't feel guilty..breast milk is best of course but formula is just fine. Your baby will still get all the nutrients she needs.
  • I switched my baby girl had a bad spitting up problem so she is now on soy and is gaining wait still... She is getting chunky.. Good luck I'm more then positive she will do great
  • i started out breastfeeding.....but she is a EATER and she wanted it alllll the time....wen i got the urge to pump only like 3 tear drops came out.....thts wen i was done because i dnt think she was getting enough......so i switvhed to similac sensitive.....it is a lil costy but go to the website they give free give a ways...oand u can try wic..they are a big help
  • @Neek yea I'm def tryiing wic =) my lil girl is a eater too lol I can pump but it seems like I'm struggling to get enough for her and as soon as I feel like I can relax cuz I have maybe 2 bottle dere gone and I'm back to pumping
    @jtmoon98 I do still get some breastmilk shld I mix them idk how well dat will go over or how exactly to do it..? As dumb as dat sounds lol
    @having_a_girl thanks yea she's getting dose baby rolls haha I just wanna make sure I'm giving her da best
    @misskeribabee thanks =)
  • With my twins I had to pump and also ran out of milk. I started with 1 formula feeding a day then gradually increased so they wouldn't notice a huge difference or get a belly ache. Also I miked formula and breastmilk so they got 2 oz of each at each feeding. Good luck Hun. And don't stress, it's not your fault. A pump can't do what a baby does.
  • You should contact a lactation consultant to help you out. Often, they can even do home visits. Check out la lache league to find one in your area. They may be able to help you over this hurdle so you don't have to switch to formula. If that doesnt work than you need to do what's best for you and your baby. Only you can decide what that is - nobody else. Good luck!