is it okay to get fake nails?

edited August 2011 in Pregnant
Im 36 weeks and been craving to hit the nail.salon on thursday to get acrylic nails. I havent gotten them done since high schoo. So anyways is it safe to get them done?

Comments

• ive been gettin mine done all through this pregnancy, I think they just want u to be in a well ventilated salon if u do it
  • I think its the fumes from everything I'm not sure
  • I always keep mine done! Sometimes the fumes get to me!
  • Yes it is...I did when I was 37 weeks. Everything went fine. Baby is healthy :)
  • Yeahh it is just make sure its well ventilated. The fumes are the only thing but my dr said there is no way it can hurt your baby! So go treat yourself :)
  • :) thats a relief!! Im sooo excited to have them. Man, its been sooo long.
  • Ill ask for a seat closes to the door where you walk in. Its open in the mall
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Have had mine on for the last 2 pregnancies. Make sure the stuff they use is sterile.
  • Do you guys know how long aycrlics last? And should i.cut my nails short so they last longer?
  • edited August 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I agree with @Mommy2IsaiahNGiselle...

And I think natural nails look SO much better and classier...just my opinion.
  • My bf does nails and as long as re place is clean where ur getting ut done it's fine. But be careful on how long u get them if u need to get something out of babies mouth u can puncture his airway
  • They make this polish called shelac. Its a gel. They paint it on your real nails without having to apply tips. It strengthens your nails and it last a long time. It's about the same price as a full set. I just get my real nails painted with that cuz they are so long now they look fake.

@mommy2isaiahngiselle that can happen if you have long real nails too. If the acrylic is lifting they need to get a fill in anyway lol but I clean under my nails everyday. That's just me though Haha im not trying to be rude but if people don't wash under their nails then they don't wash their hands right anyway lol
  • edited August 2011
    I got fake nails every 3 weeks during my whole pregnancy and I was a little worried but she is a healthy 13lb 2 1/2mnth old with no complications. Make sure that the nail shop is well veniliated and to also keep underneath your nails very clean.
  • Wish I could get them :( I'm a nurse and fake nails are prohibited in my job. Wouldn't be worth it for me. I agree with everyone else though; just make sure the salon is well ventilated.
  • Thanks for the advice ladies!! @everyone