successful membrane strip? (TMI)

edited August 2011 in Labor
Yesterday my doctor stripped my membranes, I've had a lot of cramping yesterday, last night, and this morning. They were bad enough I couldn't sleep through them. Now, I. Just had a lot of bloody show. I just don't know when/if I should go in.
Has anyone else had a successful (or unsuccessful) membrane strip with these symptoms? What else happened?? I want input! :)

Comments

• I never got one but it sounds promising!! Good luck hun!
  • I lost my plug when I had mine stripped, and I had cramping. But no dice for me. I ended up being induced.
  • @mommyoftwoprincesses Thanks!
    @natashalynn Thanks, I hope it works! I'm scheduled to be induced Friday but I really wantvthis to work. I'm scared of pitocin. LOL
  • mine was. with my first my doc stripped my membranes on a Tuesday morning, i lost my plug that night, and started bloody show about 6p on Wednesday evening- my waters broke at 10p on WEdnesday night and gave birth the next day in the evening.
  • It will only work if your body is ready. I had mine stripped on a Friday and nothing.3 days later on a Mon had them stripped again and went in labor withini an hour. Good luck
  • Did yo have any luck?? I had mine stripped today at like 2pm I'm hoping it gets things going!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mommatobe I had bloody show and lots of cramping but it faded into pretty much nothing. Hope you have better luck! %%-

@firsttimemommytobe I don't think its gonna do anything, I'm scheduled for induction on Friday. Good luck!!! %%-
  • My Dr said to expect to spot afterwards, I've done lost my plug/had my bloody show. I've been crappy ever since and constant back pain and random contractions that are getting worse. Now I have diarrhea (sorry tmi)... Maybe it helped? Lol

Good luck to you :)
  • My friend did!! she had it Wednesday morning baby arrived the Thursday at 11:33am!
  • Mine was successful I believe although she was 5days over but sounds like good news
  • How does stripping membranes work and what does it mean?! I'm going to the doctors today and should I ask her to strip mine?
  • I had my membranes stripped and started having contractions so I started walking and going up steps by the next day the baby was born.
  • @chels its when they use their finger to separate the bag of waters from the cervix. Its uncomfortable and has like a 20-30% (I think) chance of speeding up labor. You could always ask her how she feels about it. If its going to make a difference it'll happen in 48 hours. It's been 39 since mine and no baby. :(
  • @Maranda3 thank you for explaining that to me :)