Question for those who tried castor oil and it didn't work.

edited August 2011 in Pregnant
Just curious, I just hit 39 weeks and was considering maybe trying castor oil. Not sure though.

But I was wondering for all if those it just gave the runs to, how quickly after drinking it did you get the runs and how soon after did it stop?

I would hate to try it and be in the group who just gets the runs from it and then still have the runs and have to go into work lol

Comments

• It will give you the shits. And it causes severe cramping which preggers contractions. I wouldn't do it myself.
  • I pooed thirty minutes after & of coarse it didnt work
  • Yeah so far I've heard that it either
    1) Worked and sent the women to l&d soon after taking it do to the contractions
    2) Caused contractions AND gave then the runs so they were in labor with diarrhea lol
    OR
    3) Just have them diarrhea...
  • I tried it an im also 39 today an it wasnt that bad but did poop alot lol
  • I tried it twice, first time, I got diarrhea about 30 minutes after taking it and was in triage all night with horrible contractions but I wouldn't progress so they stopped them with nubain and when I woke up the next morning the diarrhea was gone. The second time I took it, I threw up 20 minutes later, had one bm that was diarrhea and no effect after that, although I did have my son the next day but it was from the intense walking, exercise, and sex I did that night after thee castor oil. I won't do it again with my other pregnancies because it's absolutely disgusting and just doesn't work for me :( but everyone is different!
  • I will probably end up not trying it, I think I'm to chicken to possibly make myself feel like crud lol I already feel miserable, but the idea is so tempting if it would work, I'm so tired if being pregnant!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Dont do it :(
  • Nope didn't work for me... just gave me the worst cramps n kept me up all night going to the bathroom... I wouldn't do it if I were u. It also can cause the baby to poop in u n that sometimes is not good for the baby.
  • bbounce on an exercise ball that helped me I bounced for thirty min to n hour at a time n went for two mile walks every night three days later I had my baby girl.
  • Yeah I have an exercise ball my sil let me borrow. I've bounced on it twice so far but never for that long. I might try it again this morning if I have the energy after I get off work.
  • It just made me REALLY sick to my stomach I took it at 6:30 my time and it 2:20 and still sick :(
  • I'm with you... too chicken to try it. I've tried everything else and will try the exercise ball this week. Good luck, I know its unbearable being preggo at this point but just hang in there... <3
  • First time i tried it i didnt poop at all. N the last time my aunt tried it she didnt poop either so theres no way of really knowing
  • It's not even so much the being prego part that I'm over, I think I could suffer through it a little longer, it's that I still have to work!!! :(
  • My aunt has 5 kids and she sweats by taking Castor oil and then blue kohash(sp) and black kohash(sp) back and forth with the kohahes(sp) until its time but I wouldn't do it hell to the no way
  • edited August 2011
    Ah, yeah, that sucks... my son starts school on the 31st and I'm scheduled for my c-section on the 1st... I'd love to make this baby thing happen this week so my boy doesn't miss any school.
  • My bfs sister in law told me to walk like crazy and drink apple juice and most of her pregnancies were fast she has 5 kids 2 popped out before the dr was ready to catch but it could just be her

Imma do bouncing on my ball and walking and in a week ill try the apple juice and fresh pineapple I'm so ready to meet my baby boy! :)