C section or Vaginal???

edited August 2011 in Pregnant
How many of you prefer one or the other. Or know for sure how your going to deliver??

Comments

• I have only had c-sections and will be having my fourth on Halloween. I have big babies so I think I prefer c-section!
  • Ftm and I'm definitely going with a vaginal birth unless something goes horribly wrong.
  • I have had both. I prefer the csection only cause my 1 vaginal delivery(this is my 4th baby) the recovery was horrible due to hemorrhoids the size of golf balls! I could barely walk for 2 weeks
  • I had a c section with my first an will b with this one. I prefer a c section becuz om scared of vag delivery.
  • I have had both and I perfer vaginal. I will be having a vback this time.
  • ive only had c-sections. having my 5th in 18 days. but i would have chose vaginal if possible i think.
  • Didnt care for the recovery from the c-section so Im trying a VBAC for little man this time
  • If recovery wasn't so long and hard for csections, I'd totally choose that.. I'm not sure what I'll be having this time.. I have gestational diabetes and I think early stages of preclampsia.. so I may end up with a csection anyways. This is my first so I dont have any experience with either way.
  • I had a c section with my first and will be having my second in Nov. My recovery was very quick, easy, and pain free. I have large babies, so I personally prefer the c section.
  • @sand3 did you do anything special or specific to make the recovery process so easy??
  • @1stWoodsBaby my best advice is to get up and walk as soon as they allow you. Also, while in the hospital, stay on top of your pain meds. My recovery was so easy, once I got home, I only needed my pain meds at night. The hardest part was having to roll out of bed since its kind of hard to bend. I hope this next one is as easy!
  • I've only had vaginal, but I prefer it that way. I love to get my baby plopped right on my belly and be able to hold her as soon as she came out and help clean her off. I loved not having to take any pain meds at all and in hardly any pain afterwards. :)
  • I prefer vaginal. I'll be damned if I have a c section(unless its to save a life )lol
  • I've had both and prefer vaginal although I will be doing another c-section so I can have a tubal ligation done at the same time.
  • edited August 2011
    being a first-time-mum-to-be i can't speak from experience but i have done research on basically everything i could think of that is pregnancy-related over the course of my pregnancy, and gone to classes and read lots of books... from what i can see.. vaginal is the way to go. i would never opt for a caesarean. my mum had one with me and then had to have one with my brother and for her and everyone else i know who has had one it wasn't fun. vaginal births generally come with a much easier recovery and there are a lot of other benefits such as it helps to start the baby's breathing because as he/she gets pushed through the birth canal his lungs are stimulated.
  • I had my baby girl on the 19th via csection... was nt planned but things went wrong... the hardest part was standing,urinating,bowel movements, and gas... im still in recovery each day is actually better... i was tertified of vaginal delivery though!!
  • Iv had both and even though I tore badly I would have a vaginal birth any day. Im still recovering now and its opening up now after the infection I got in it, but worse of all I could not hold him straight away and because it was a shock for him he struggled to breath so got taken away to special care baby unit which left me hysterical. Also for the first couple of days I could not do hardly anything so without a doubt vaginal all the way
  • I had both my vaginal w/ no meds and would 100% rather go vaginal.
  • I had a vaginal birth with only gas and it was a positive experience, I hope to do the same this time
  • I prefer c -section. I'm a ftm and I was induced. But due to complications I had a c-section. I really dont mind the pain of the contractions but I hated when they would check my cervix. I have a tilted cervix, so it was very painful :( more than the contractions. If I have another baby I'm going for the c-section :D
  • Definitely vaginal. I really hope I don't need a c-section. I pray about it.
  • Vaginal, had my baby August 5th and it was an awesome experience :)
    Do it all over again..
  • Ftm I was very happy with the outcome of my (elective) c-section August 9th and recovery has been a breeze! I'm gunna do all my future pregnancies with c-section! Although sadly some women don't heal as easily and fast as others