so sorry! now i'm scared!(tiny bit long)

edited August 2011 in Babies
Ill start by saying i feel horrible n god awful about doing this so pls dnt judge me! My bf got hm from work n actually got paid! Super excited we decided to run dwn to the store real quick cus we were starvin! but my daughter was sleeping so i didnt want to pack her up n bring her so i left her w my brother(hes watched her before). Jus as we were about to leav she started freakin out n sounded like she was hungry. I had jus fed her, knew i was empty(I'm breast feeding btw), n dnt feed her formula. So to giv me sum time to produce more n especially get something to eat myself i gav my brother like 1/2 oz of water to hold her over. It sure didnt work but the point here is tht i went online n found out giving babies under 6 months could...i dnt wanna say, ur jus not supposed to, so now im scared i mightve jus done something real bad! Pls help!

Comments

• My mom and grandma says its fine to give them water, but my brother and sister inlaw says not to. I think ulit makes them poop? Idk mama. Sorry not much help. I dont think itll hurt.
  • Call your Dr hun. Looking online about most things can terrify first time moms.
  • Water is not going to hurt her unless its a large mount of water and that's the only thing your feeding her. I breastfed all 4 of my boys and formula fed my 5th and after each bottle I gave them 1/2 oz to an oz of water to clear the milk out of their mouth that way they wouldn't get thrush. Water is fine.
  • Call the pediatrician and explain hun! Im sure she will be okay. Just some advice, do NOT google things!
  • We have given all the babies in our family small amounts of water. The biggest issue is to make sure she gets enough milk to gain weight. U don't want to replace meals with water. But of course my mom gave us catnip tea and my grandfather gave my brothers jack daniels and we survived!
  • @maymommy11 @momof5 & @eaparker at first i called up a good friend of mine whos going to nursing school and has 3 kids of her own and shes said just as momof5 did that it helps prevent thrush then...
    @mommyoftwoprincesses & @natashalynn i called my personal nurse (i received at the hospital because she was premiee) and she said that a 1/2 oz isnt going to kill her, jus not to do it on the regular or like i did trying to supplement a meal.
    >:D< thank you everyone, i feel so much better now...and google really is horrible for new moms :-))
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm a medic and when we have babies come into ER cause of thrush that's what we tell the moms to do is just give them a small amount of water after each feeding to prevent thrush.