car seats!

Ok sooo I went to a car seat safety class today and the most highly recommended car seat was the Chicco brand the only small thing I don't like is their designs I'm having a girl and they're not too cute for girls anyway I'm still getting a Chicco one but just wondering what brand you guys have or are getting :)

Comments

• I have a graco
  • Getting a chicco black and gray pattern for my little girl. She be wearing enough pink/girly clothes. :)
  • I'm going for gracco
  • i have a graco and i love it im having a little girl and its not ur typical pink girly carseat.... i gorgeous!!!! its black and purple with like a white flower design
  • @imanewmommy06 @2girls_1boy I was going to go with graco as well its a pretty good brand :) my sis used it for all three of her boys!
    @newmomma13 really that sounds super cute!
    @monkey_girl I was thinking of getting a black and grey one too! But I think ima go with a hazel nut / gray one or its black I can't remember lol but she'll definitely have enough girly stuff on lol
  • Omg @newmomma13 by the way u described your carseat I think we have the same one! I fell in love with it after seeing it @ bye bye baby
  • @imanewmommy06 lol yea thats where i bought it so im sure its that same one... i was so excited when i found it because purple is my favorite color then i joined their mailing list so they gave me a 20% off coupon so i knew i had to get it then!!!! i got it for like 111 something
  • Yeah, my husband's thinking we can reuse it if we have a boy later on. Chicco is a really safe brand.
  • Mine is baby trend. I have the whole travel system. It's black, dark gray and purple. I love it, except the car seat is sooo heavy! But I have nothing to compare it to so Idk if they're all like that lol
  • Chicco, I got a travel system, its blue with a pattern to it and can go for a boy or girl.
  • I also have a baby trend in grey mist for my baby girl.. I looooove it! I don't think its heavy, they're all pretty much the same @starrxoxo9 I had a graco with my son
  • @monkey_girl that's true :) ... and it is it scores the highest on safety tests too :)
    @starrxoxo9 that sounds really cute :) as for the weight that doesn't sound like fun but I think they might all weigh about the same not sure though
    @LittleFae I'm getting a travel system too just seems to save money :) I love blue its my favorite color :) but my sis doesn't "approve" lol she has three boys and always wanted a girl and I'm not girly so she wants her to be very girly -___- lol I don't mind though
  • I have the chicco travel system in vega (grey&orange) its still in the box though lol but the safety ratings are the reason why I got it also.
  • I got the chicco in fuego (red) :)
  • edited August 2011
    @mszcastillo Ooooh I believe that's their newest one :)
    @ethansmommy122 I like red you don't see that color on babys very often but its very cute
  • I got graco, I love their items.
  • Ya I think so cause at target they have the full collection on display. I love their products though the quality is very good, I actually got the pack n play w/ bassinet that matches for the baby to sleep in the first few months.
  • I'm buying a convertible car seat so I won't hve to keep buying car seats. It last til they are about 2 yrs old
  • @charliebby1116 - ive seen a gray and purple chico travel system, it was at usa baby, there is also that fun one that is that yellow pattern, its black gray and yellow I almost went with that one.

http://www.chiccousa.com/gear/travel-systems/cortina-30lb-systems/travel-systems-azura.aspx

I got the Azura one, I don't see the purple and gray but there is that fun yellow and some of the pink ones.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @starrxoxo9 we have the same travel system!! i love mine!! the car seat is a little heavey but we'll build arm strength lol
  • Im going with graco
  • What about cosco?? I bought a cosco light n sprinter travel system the other day. What did ur class say about them? I see no one else got that brand.
  • I have the graco snugride 35. In racer its gray red and tan so boy or girl.
  • @Color_pink0923 we talked about those too! and the lady was saying how she really likes them cause they can last you a really long time and theyre a lot cheaper just make sure you keep it rear facing until your babys two :)

@LittleFae ohhhh i like the one your getting its really cute :) theres this yellow and grey one that i saw and its pretty cute its relatively simple but cute the only thing that kinda sucks is that you have to buy the seat and stroller seperately so its a little bit more pricey and i went to target and they have this new one that isnt too bad its pretty cute oo but ill have to wait to make a decision im way to indecisive

@gatorbob really? ill defintely look into that!!

@expectingmy2nd i like the colors on that one :) i want the key fit 30 instead since it can last a little longer

@Steph_Due_101611 fersure :) they have a lot of cute ones :)

@mommyof3tobe and @everyone she really didnt talk about it i believe she said those were mainly tested to meet the standards but nothing further than that but i know that if you put your hand on the bottom area of the car seat where your babys bum will go and if your fingers touch the first set of seat belt holes then it should be a pretty good one i know graco doesnt really do that but chicco does and i learned that you shouldnt go up a strap hole until the babys shoulders are above the level up cause the straps should come up and over the babys shoulders kinda like a rainbow... lets see what else.. hmm oh yea when installing the car seat base push down on the base and then tighten the seat belt cause if you just pull on the strap itll cause the seat to possibly tilt to the side and not be as tightly on as it should... center seat is the safest and if you use the hooks as oppose to the seat belt just know theres a weight limit to using them... thats all i can think of at the top of my head right now...

@feb2012mommy i think my friend might have the same one :)
  • I got the chicco keyfit 30 in the new navy blue color they just came out with. I had a boy. I picked the chicco based off the safety ratings. Now that my son is here I love it even more. He is baby number 6 for us so I have been through tons of car seats and this is the best one by far.
  • Why is the chicco system cheaper at Walmart lol hnmmm??