Anyone Have PCOS & Pregnant?

edited January 2011 in Health
Hey everyone I have pcos and I was wondering if anyone else did and if so how's your pregnancy going

Comments

• Oh and how they found out how far along you were
  • I have PCOS I'm 7 weeks and so far so good.. really nauseous and and a little bit of uncomfortable pinching in my lower abdomen and my vagina but no bleeding and my HCG levels are rising. I had a miscarriage 6 months ago so I'm praying this is a healthy pregnancy! My first u/s is a week from Monday.. good luck!
  • @myfristbambino yeah I'm 12 weeks and I still get th lower stomach pain and in my vagina but somethimes I get worried that a cist might burst.
  • I am worried about that all the time!! Do you know if it would hurt the baby?
  • @myfirstbambino I think it would if they burst when your not pregnant they hurt you so I'm assuming it would
  • I was diagnosed with pcos too. I am 9 weeks along. This is my first one. I would love to know the answer to that too.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Mine does not hurt and i know they are little ones. Havent seen a big one. Do i need to worry as well?
  • I was just reading online and it says it only harmful if there too bigg and if they pop
  • Do any of you have insulin resistance along with your pcos?
  • No but I have fibermyagla or however u spell it
  • Do you have to take any meds for that?
  • Yeah but my whole body still hurts its like it doesn't really work when I'm pregnant
  • Man I'm sorry I can't even imagine. Are you worried that your meds might hurt baby? I'm on Zoloft and Metformin and I hate taking them while prego but I can't get off of them cause my body is to use to having them.. well at least the zoloft I haven't been on metformin that long
  • Yeah for being 18 I have the body a 40 year old should have it sucks but now that I gotta a bundle of joy I'm super excited and makes everything worth it ya I stop taking my merformin because my dr said it could cause problem but idk if that's true and I'm on prozac and that won't hurt the baby as long as u were on it for awhile before u got pregnant but you def aren't able too take it if ur just starting and pregnant
  • @kerrideeRN yes and congrats =] its def not fun always having to go to the doctor for a pap 2 see how big the cist are and have you ever had one pop?
  • Yea I thought I was dien the first time one popped but lucky me I was in the hospital with my uncle and they were able 2 get me help right away
  • I went to the doctor because I didnt have a period for two months and thoight I was pregnant.... But he said I have pcos but I nvr cramp or anythin and dont have any other symtom except im late again..... Should I take a test or go back to the doctor?
  • I've had pcos or 10 years., this is my 4th baby, 2nd since I was diagnosed . I take metformin, the Dr had me stop with my 2 year old and I ended Up on injected insulin. Not fun. This time he wants me to stay on the met. I was told after I had my2 year old. I would never have more. Well I am almost 14 weeks with a miracle !!
  • @myfirstbambino I was diagnosed with pcos and insulin resistance also took metformin before I was pregnant. They told me I was infertile or I would have to do years if invetro and other treatments.,i lost weight and magically it all corrected itself. I was diagnosed without an ultrasound or anything! I cannot believe how careless docs can be and how they just stick ppl on meds but do not educate. You should research all your conditions and meds yourself and ask tons of questions.
  • Oh also my late periods were my only symptom...yeah that was attributed to my thyroid disorder.
  • I have pcos as well and was told I would never have kids or would be very hard for me to get pregnant. I'm 12 wks with number 3 :-) they do an early ultrasound do determine dates. I've never had the cysts be a problem during pregnancy (knock on wood) lol I have had them rupture in the past and it's awful! Congrats and good luck to you all!!!