Heartburn

edited August 2011 in Pregnant
Im 26 weeks pregnant today and I've had the absolute worst heartburn ever. Can we pregnant ladies take anything for this? It gets so bad i think I'm going to be sick! Also does it mean my baby will have a lot of hair as I've heard this is a rumour?

Comments

• edited August 2011
    I take Tums =) And I've heard the same about baby having a lot of hair.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I POP tums constantly..I use the ones with calcium added so maybe there is a good thing in them for the baby.
  • Tums definitely and a cold glass of milk!
  • I take tums but they don't work for everybody :) I've had heartburn bad and both of my older boys had hair but not a lot of it :) i'm hoping with this one he has a lot of hair as my heartburn with this one is much worse
  • Nothing works tums nope nothing. I got stuff from the doctor its amazing and I don't get heart burn that much with it now. It was getting so bad the I couldn't sleep
  • Hmm ill give tums a try thanks ladies! I want my baby to have hair but its doubtful as both myself and bd had no hair when we were born! But this heartburn is killing me. Can I take gaviscon?
  • Yes, you can take gaviscon. Tums is really the only thing that helps me...I eat them all day and night!
  • Tums and cold milk. I've also heard ice cream really helps ;)