adrien is in the hospital UPDATE waiting on lab results

2»

Comments

• Your GI hasnt put him in for a biopsy yet??? She saw the doctor and less than 24 hours later was at a childrens hospital getting it done.. Are you anywhere near jersey?
  • @mommy2chris I'm still waiting for his pediatrician to call me with the lab results from his thyroid test. i think those results would determine if he is getting the biopsy...i thought she wouldv called me yesterday, then i was so positive she would call me today. but the result must not b back to her yet and now its the weekend ill have to wait till Monday to call her. an we did the thyroid test on wednesday :(
  • and I'm in nevada >:( *ugh* i can't wait to escape this place
  • I really do have my fingers and toes crossed that you get a fast diagnosis, atleast then you know what your dealing with and can have a plan on how to help/cure his issues
  • I really hope you find a good doctor. My doctor rushed the results and called me on saturday. When she only went in on a friday and had just met him on thursday. I hope your prescious baby doesnt have it. Does your doctor think it could be anything else? Is that why shes doing a thyroid test?
  • @tinka1326 thank u so much. as badly as i want there to be nothing wrong and for him to be healthy, i KNOW something is not right. I've been dealing with this since he was about 2 months, reading up on this intestinal disease it really makes a lot of sense with his symptoms and patterns that this could very likely be it. and if she callls me and tells me nothing came up on his tests I'm going to be very dissapointed because that just means i have to keep pushing and keep going to dr appointments until they figure it out. id rather just have an answer and get it fixed now. i will find out Monday what's going on

thanks everybody for.the well wishes. i will update as i find out what's going on.
  • @mommy2chris im not exactly sure what the thyroid test is for. doesn't thyroid have something to do with metabolism? and they want me to try this stuff called concentrated nectar? said its in the juice isle, but idk what it is. i very seriously doubt it will work anyway; I've tried prune juice, apple juice, pear juice, water, pedialyte, and every mixture u can imagine of the above. nothing relieves his constipation. i am very anxious for Monday to get here so i can call them.
  • Have you tried Karo syrup in his milk. When my first born had constipation issues the doctor had me mix a tablespoon of it into his milk. It did help him. And my second baby had constipation issues while I was breast feeding and formula feeding and they pit her on soy formula. That helped her alot. Hope your little one feels better and you get the answers you need. @adriens_mommy
  • @melinda326 i have tried karo syrup that was the first thing i ever tried. it didn't work at all :( and adrien has been on similiac soy since he was about 3 weeks old. ive just changed his formula to enfamil nutramigen (sp?) lipil? Idk his dr gave me some and i took the prescription to wic I'm going to get his cans tonight. but i love love love this new formula I've always hated similiac and loved enfamil more I'm so glad i got wic to approve it cuz usually they do not do enfamil. but even tho I'm thrilled he's on an easier-to-digest formula, i don't think the formulas are why he's unable to pass a bm.
  • @adriens_mommy oh so you've tried pretty much everything. Well I hope they figure out what's going on and that it here resolved. Poor baby and poor mommy. Keep us posted sweetie.
  • Any updates?
  • How's everything going? I hope all is well with the baby.
  • i talked to the pediatrician today and she said his thyroid levels were perfectly fine so we have to give this new formula time to see if it helps. and that it could be normal for him to only go every 5 days as long as its not hard. so more waiting cuz they don't want to be intrusive without taking every other option first. thanks for caring girls cuz his dad sure doesn't.
  • Yay! That's great news hun!!
  • glad its good news and hope the new formula works!
  • yeah i guess it is good news, i just feel like I'm back at square one with trying to figure out whats wrong with him. i know somethings not right and its hurting him and making him uncomfortable. i really was hoping that i wouldve gotten an answer then we couldve moved forward with fixing it. ugh we will just have to see what happens with the new formula
  • Thats great news I hope the formula works soon. My son also had a hard time going to the bathroom and just like you tried the karo syrup and a bunch of other things. He eventually grew out of it. It sucks to see them in pain but hopefully hes just a bad pooper. I wish you luck.
  • @adriens_mommy I know how difficult it may be! When I had my daughter she had problems passing bowel movements for about 3 weeks, and let me tell you it breaks your heart. Her pediatrician moved her from regular formula to soy based formula, which gave only little relief. When I took her back I mentioned to the doctor that when I was little I had to be placed on low iron formula because my system couldn't process the iron. The doctor agreed to try the new change and it was like night and day within 24 hours. I don't know for sure if this info will help, but I know when I was going through it I was willing to do anything to make my baby feel better. I hope things get better for the both of you!