My 8 year old!!! Please help FML :(

edited September 2011 in Parenting
Started growing hairs down there in her area......I am shocked and scared that her period will come soon. Does anyone know if this is normal at her age I noticed when I showered her :( omg i am so scared

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I was 9 when I got my first. I remember because I was on vacation in the bahamas when I saw it lol. I didn't get my first period till 6th grade when I was 11 almost 12 and then didn't have another period for like 6 months.
  • Yes it is my daughter was the same way. Her period didn't start till 5 th grade she 13 yrs old now
  • omg my son is 7........ I am so not ready for that!! Need a few more years at least!!
  • my neice was the same way! she started getting hairs at 7 started her period at 8 or 9 and is now getting boobs :[ its so sad how fast they are going thru this these days!
  • I have no idea! This generation is growing up soooo much faster than ours.. hell I prolly didn't get any hairs anywhere until I was like 6 or 7 grade...
  • I got myperiod when I was 7 boobs at the same time. I don't remember hair growth
  • Ahhhhh! My son turns 7 on monday! Soooooo not ready for that!
  • I started my period at 11. Three days after my dad past. But I don't remember with hair.
  • Yes it is normal girls hit puberty faster anywhere between 8-12 and mamas with boys don't worry they don't till about 10-13
  • yes its normal...i saw on some talk so your suppose to be having the "talk" around that age...eeeek!-NO way X_X
    oh and i remember watching a video about your menstrual cycle around that age..
  • my oldest had hair there at 9 then she started her period at 10,she was in 5th grade.
  • i got my 1st period when i was in 3rd grade about 8 yrs old but my period didnt return until i was about 10-11yrs old and the dr said it was pretty normal......i dont remember when i started having pubic hairs but i do remember i started wearing bras by the time i was in 4th grade...
  • thanks I am just super freaked out she is only 8 :( I am scared of seeing her grow up now I have to think on how to give her "the talk" ugh but idk how to start it
    @bettymomma @mommy2isaiahngiselle @bentleysmommy @whozdher @erkieshavingagirl @heyitsme @landynplus1momma @mommy_2 @beaded_bunny @pinkigirl @pwchance @vayanna @nameless @snowflake @momato2boys
  • I heard weight had something to do with it but not sure if that is correct. I was told most girls get their period when they get around 100 lbs. I did not start having periods until I was 15 almost 16 but I was on the gymnastics team and very thin
  • My little girl is 8 also. Shes had little hairs since last year. She even has hairs in her armpits. I always knew she would develop fast since she already has breasts. Shes been in a training bra since she was 6. If she goes a day without her bra she will walk up to me and I will tell her to put one on NOW! Her nipples stick out and I just dont want people looking at her like that. Im scared as well since I think her period will be approaching sooner than later. :(
  • O yeah not to mention if she goes a day without deodorant you need to clear the room
  • My son has armpit hair and bad d.o. if he doesn't wear deodarent(sp). Dr said it was normal, some kids just start liberty b4 others. He's got hairy legs too. I an my hubby have started talking a little bit about it with him becuz the dr said it was a good idea. By the way he's 8 will b 9 next week.
  • I was in 7th grade so like 13 and I didn't get it regularly till I was at least 16. 6,7,8,an 9 seems outrageously early to.me.
  • My neice started early with puberty and they found it was a hormone in the milk she was drinking. Her Dr said most little girls go into puberty around 10-12. Since she was starting at 8 they checked her hormone level. Come to find out it was milk she stopped drinking it and her symptoms went away. You might want to check with her pediatrician.
  • @MarinesAngel I can't believe how young some girls are when they start but it must be hormones from food...but I'm glad that you back up what I heard about the weight, Thank you
  • I was in the 6th grade when i got my first period and had boobs at ten like b or c cup boobs and all the older boys used to stare it was pretty embarrasing because i knew they only was looking at a girl my age cuz of my chect. At that time i was about 85 lbs so i dont think the 100 lb thing is true in all circumstances. I have always been tiny except for my chest and butt. But now i love them both.
  • My nephew is 6 and has to wear deodorant
  • My daughter is 9 and has no hair there but I have talked to people and they started af at about 9... I had the talk with my daughter u want to explain af hair and puberty things to her really soon.
  • My daughter is 9 and has no hair there but I have talked to people and they started af at about 9... I had the talk with my daughter u want to explain af hair and puberty things to her really soon.