Finally on Maternity Leave!!!

edited September 2011 in Third Trimester
Im sooo excited that I finally get to sit at home and rest. After workin up to 38 weeks into my pregnancy, doing double shifts, working off days, and stressing the heck out about extra cash, I'm happy that i finally get to relax.
Thank GOD!

Comments

• Omg me too I just came out and im 36+3. Relax and sleep for me. Congrats to u hun
  • 6 more weeks for me :( I'm jealous
  • 33 weeks and 5 days
  • edited September 2011
    Four more weeks (or less), and I'll be joining you (I'm 35 weeks tomorrow). :)
    Congrats! Enjoy the calm before the storm! :)
  • Me too! I'm 36 weeks and today was my last day!!!!! So exciting!
  • Congrats! I think expectant moms should get paid maternity leave starting at 35 weeks!
    Idk how I'm going to pull through these last 5 weeks :(
  • You guys in the US get it tough. I worked to 36 weeks with my first, 29 this time due to extra health issues and already having a 2 yr old at home. We get 9 months paid leave in the UK (although not full wages) and can take an extra 3 months unpaid while our jobs remain open for us. I hope you get lots of rest before your little one appears (*)
  • edited September 2011
    @littlenat86 Omg that is wonderful. Im only taking 3months leave because i just started my job in January and i dnt have alot of time. So I'm basically goin unpaid and been saving for those 3months, plus I been preparing for baby. So it's been very difficult, but thank GOD for my mom because I don't know how I would've done all this by myself like alot of single moms.
    @barb4209 It's nice you get to go a lil earlier. How long are you taking?
  • @loveourlittleone I kept telling myself the same thing. And the worst part is i work at night, so even if i did sleep all day i was still tired at work. Around 3 is when i would start getting really tired and i just started at 12 lol. Only thing that really got me through it was my co-workers. The shift before me would do most of my work so that i didn't have to do so much leg work. They were wonderful to me.
    How long are you taking?
  • @yung_danz28 I'm lucky that my company has a great maternity policy. I am taking off 6 weeks short term paid after he is born plus my 3 weeks vacation. I think I am taking a few weeks fmla unpaid after....so total 4 weeks before due date and 11 or 12 after! I've been with the company 8 yrs though!
  • @barb4209 that's wonderful. I believe my job does the 6 weeks too. I think i will get like $100 a week for 5weeks. Then after that they will use the little bit of time that i have on the books which isn't much. But i dnt care im a first time mom and i want as much time as possible. So if i have to be dirt broke then so be it lol. Are you a first time mom?
  • The company I work for is so small (only about 30 employees) that they can't really do paid maternity leave, so I have to use my vacation and sick time. Luckily, I have 6 weeks combined. After that, I can go on short term disability. It's only 60% of my pay, but I should be going back part-time at that point. After a few weeks of part-time, I'm going back full-time. I should be back full-time by Christmas. It will be tough going back to work, but I've gotta do what I've gotta do.