need to vent and advice

edited September 2011 in Third Trimester
Ok, I am 36 weeks and this is my first child. My husband and I have been together for 8yrs and married 3yrs. Sex has been a roller coaster through this pregnancy and not because of fear of hurting the baby but because of positioning and my body changing. My husband makes sure to voice to me that he is still attracted to me and aroused by me he will even let me give him bj's but when it comes to sex since the only positions we really can do are doggy and sideline he has lost intrest in sex with me, he says it is more of a tease than anything and if he can't be intimate or passionate there is no point. I will even stay in our bedroom so he can masturbate in the livingroom in privacy but each time he masturbates it bugs me alittle cuz I want to be intimate with him and he doesn't with me. Then when he is done he will kiss me on my neck and hold me for a minute as a thank u for the privacy gesture. Am I totally insane for feeling hurt by this.? I know he loves me and is still devoted to me but I have needs to.

Comments

• Hmm have you voiced to him that you're feeling this way? If so, what has he said? Also, I don't think you're crazy for feeling like that..I do too sometimes. I'm only 22weeks but everytime I ask to have sex he doesn't seem interested until I give him a bj..it hurts my feelings. So I kinda know what you mean.
  • I have voiced it to him but he says it is just my hormones over reacting and logically I know that sex is to much of a struggle right now, to just wait until after the baby is born and I am healed.
  • Sorry you are going through this. There are other positions you can try if you can get him into it. Try the edge of the bed. You lying on the edge, him standing, put your legs over his shoulders. Also shower sex is good. Maybe mixing things up a bit will get him more interested. Try acting sexy around him, like wear a dress or nightgown and no panties and give him a little peek of what is under the nightgown/dress. I know my husband and I haven't done it as much lately but he works nights (2pm-midnight M-F) outside in the 110 degree plus Phoenix heat and he is beat when he gets home. Sometimes it hurts me when he isn't all over me but then if I am really wanting sex, I will just show him how much I want him. Good luck!
  • Thx for the advice jjuliek77.
  • My hubby tells me I'm sexy as hell, but we're not doin it a lot. I bled once, he got my cervix and it freaked him out. He does however go down on me & I do the same.
  • That's exactly how I feel though, if he would do some oral or even light fingering it would ease the urge. I try to tell him intimancy isn't only intercourse, even caressing my body while kissing is intimate in my book. Maybe I should try talking to him again. I think the hurt also has to do with knowing very soon we are going to have the baby and I won't be able to have anything vaginally for awhile after the baby is born. Thank u all for the advice, it is comforting to know I am not alone in these feelings. :)