My boobs! :'( Please tell me they'll go back to normal.

edited August 2011 in Breastfeeding
They sag now :( Everyone said that they don't sag from breast feeding. "If your boobs are gonna sag, they'll sag while you're pregnant." Yeah that's a crock. My son will be 3 weeks old Saturday and they started sagging last week and are getting worse. My mom says they will right now until my milk dries up then they'll snap back but I feel like she's lying to make me feel better. If she was telling the truth, why'd she get a boob job after she was done breast feeding me? Hmmm :-?

Comments

• Mine went back to normal(tiny) after my first. My sisters however, are very saggy now. She was told by a plastic surgeon that they looked like deflated balloons.
  • Hate to tell you but.... they don't snap back! Sorry :(
  • I didnt breast feed and my boobs sag. They r a sad sight. I didnt breast feed. my last baby was 2 yrs ago (we r ttc) and they never ever bounced back. They used to be bigger b4 i ever had babies too. They r stretch maked covered saggy old lady boobs and im 29... :(
  • Gosh. This post makes me depressed.
  • I'm scared to breastfeed now....
  • Nop my boobs r still saggy;/
  • Who's getting a breast og and lift at the age of 18?....yeah, me :'(
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited August 2011
    Step 1
    Wear supportive undergarments during your pregnancy. Protecting the breasts from sagging begins before the baby is born. As your pregnancy progresses, your breasts will become larger. Keep up with their growth by purchasing larger bras. Staying with an ill-fitting bra is uncomfortable and will not provide your breasts with proper support.

Step 2
    Monitor your weight gain during pregnancy. According to the Mayo Clinic, weight gain of between 25 to 35 pounds is the right amount for someone who is a healthy weight when she becomes pregnant. Someone who is underweight should gain more, while someone who is overweight should gain less. While it is not a good idea to go on a calorie-restricted diet while pregnant, think carefully before eating ice cream, cookies or other low-nutrient, high-calorie foods. Excess weight gain spreads throughout the body, including the breasts. The larger they become during pregnancy, the more they can sag later on, because of the excess weight and the stretched skin.

Step 3
    Keep your skin well moisturized. Keeping the skin well moisturized can keep it stay pliable and rebound from stretching a little easier. While there are many creams and lotions specifically directed at pregnant women, any moisturizing cream will benefit your skin.

Step 4
    After you give birth, invest in new bras. If you are nursing, expect to go through several sizes. When your baby is young and nursing frequently, your breasts will probably remain relatively large. As your baby develops a regular schedule and begins to add solid food to his diet, your breast will begin to return to their pre-pregnancy size. If you are not breast-feeding, don't expect your breasts to return to normal immediately. You may be able to go straight from your maternity bras to your pre-pregnancy ones, but it is best to buy a different size that provides proper support.

Step 5
    Lose pregnancy weight at a moderate pace. While it is tempting to whittle away those pregnancy pounds as quickly as possible, losing the weight slowly has many benefits. Not only is it less frustrating and stressful, it may improve the look of your skin. Losing weight slowly allows the skin to bounce back from its previously stretched position at a moderate pace.

Step 6
    Lift weights to strengthen the muscles that support the chest and back. Exercising not only helps you lose weight and relieve stress, but it also can strengthen the muscles that support the breast tissue, making them appear perkier, and the muscles in the back, helping you to stand up straighter. Both of these improve the look of your breasts. Wear a well-fitted, snug, high-impact sports bra.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/23355-prevent-breast-sagging-after-pregnancy/#ixzz1TveKeBuO
  • I breast fed my daughter for 13 months. No they don't go back to normal. But they are not horrible. I feel more insecure that they really don't have any consistency to them. They were soggy feeling. When I got pregnant they got firm again.. but I was pregnant right away while actually still breast feeding.
  • I pumped for at least 6 months with my 2 older kiddos and my boobs look the same as before I got pregnant the first time, maybe just slightly larger. My sister had bigger boobs to start with and hers were super saggy after breast feeding her 2 boys for a year. She eventually had a breast lift along with a tummy tuck.
  • I'm doing the breat exercises to see if that'll help.
  • My boobs never got saggy after any of my kids. But I do wear a bra to bed and wear sports bras around the house. I have 36c and with breastfeeding went to e. Genetics also plays a roll the same as it does with stretch marks.
  • I wear a bra all day every day. Only take it off to shower. And I use cocoa butter lotion every day.
  • I had large firm breasts before and during pregnancy i breast fed for 3weeks and now 3weeks after.stopping my boobs are smaller, sagging, and so squishy like someone sucked all the air out of them. I hate it, I feel so ugly now im only 24. And my boobs are hideous!
  • I have only sagged a minimal amount after my first pregnancy and I contribute that to wearing a bra 24/7 even when im not pregnant. Only time I dont have a bra on is when im showering or doing the nasty lol
  • Mine sag now...never went back to normal. Got a cup size bigger too. So now u have bigger saggy boobies at 23 :(
  • I guess its all in ur genes but I read somewhere sagging after u have kids is not actually from the pregnancy itself but from no/bad support from bras during pregnancy. I got implants after my first two kids and I live in my bra lol
  • Omg I think this post has made me re think breast feeding! With my son 2 and a half years ago I didn't breast feed but went from a 34 B to a 34 C and didn't go back which I'm pleased with and during this pregnancy I've gone up to a 36 DD and hoping they stay this way but if breast feeding means my new boobies are going to end up being belly warmers I don't know if I want to give it ago :-/
  • @myHEARTZx3 yeah, I'm gonna get a boob job after my second baby and go get fitted after for the right sized bra. And if I end up having a 3rd, I'll just pray the implants keep them from drooping.
  • edited September 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @BentleysMommy i got them after my son.. maybe 5 years ago now. i'm hoping they hold up. my boobs don't get overly huge when i'm preg.. and they didn't change after my second pregnancy. but i'm keeping these babies supported 24/7 lol i will get them redone after i have all my kids anyway
  • Well crap! I hated wearing a bra while pregnant lol I'm 2weeks pp and breasfeeding they don't look saggy and deflated yet, guess I'll see. My boobs went back after my first but I didn't breastfeed
  • I nursed all 4 of my kids and I used to be a big D and now a B. It sucks so bad!!!! I hate myself I hate my boobs and mine never went back to normal at all!!!! Mine now bc im pregnant and only 10 weeks have perked back up but I know they wont last. =(( I don't regret breast feeding my kids but darn it I wish my boobs were the same.
  • This is the Most depressing post i've read in my life. Thanks pregly. I was a 34d when I started and now I have no idea what size I am. But they have so many stretch marks. Im dreading what they'll look like after the baby is born and breast feeding is done