judges for not breastfeeding

edited February 2011 in Pregnant
I feel as if im goingto be judged for not breast feeding, has anyone else decided they are going to use formula?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Just out of curiousity, what are some of your reasons for choosing not to breast feed?
  • I bottle fed both my girls with enfamil. They have been in perfect health
  • edited February 2011
    I'm breast feeding but I feel like I'm gonna be judged bc my main reason for doing it is so I can lose weight. :/

Do whats best for you and you guys situation! Everyone else doesn't matter.
  • Personally I breast fed my 2nd but had so much trouble getting breast pumps to work! Tried 3 different kinds... Anyways had to go back to work. Put her on a good soy formula and loved it... For me less stress dealing with my busy lifestyle not worring about breast pumps, latching, soarness. Im formula feeding this one again as soon as I go back to work.
  • I didnt breast feed with my boy and hes as healthy and smart as u get :-) I wont b with this one either.i found personally reassuring that I could see how much milk he was taking
  • @NewMommy_NavyWife I didnt lose weight and my breast didnt change during or after breast feeding....
  • @loubylou I've said this numerous times in other discussions & I will continue to say it: if formula wasn't good for babies then it wouldn't exist. It doesn't matter what your reasons are for formula feeding it's YOUR choice. I tried to pump w/ my daughter & had to stop because she got too many hormones through my milk & her chest swelled up & she didn't have a bowel movement for 2 weeks. Do what is best for you & tell all the haters to shut up! It's not somethin to stress over.
  • @ghettobetty REALLY?! I heard you burn alot of calories fast. Dang.
  • Maybe some women lose... No one I personally know who breast fed lost weight from it...
  • @ghettobetty well that sucks! I was hoping to return to my normal size.
  • If u are a healthy active person you will!
  • @ghettobetty well thats good to know.
  • I am formula feeding i decided that shortly after finding out i was pregnant because something about it makes me feel uncomfortable Idk its not bonding and appealing to me it sounds painful and i don't want my already larger bust to go down to my belly button but around 18 weeks i was told by my dr that because of some health reasons breastfeeding isn't likely anyway so formula it is lol i dont care if people judge ( like a friend of mine who literally cried when she saw me take a drag of my bestfriends cig after a very stressful court day with my ex) my family supports me so thats helpful don't let anybody bring u down either formula is totally healthy and it will give the option for someone else to feed give u a break or let another family member enjoy feeding an infant
  • Loubylou- when I had my son 9 yrs ago I had tons of mommy friends who breastfed, and I really really wnted to. I did everything I could to be prepared and successful. Spent money on pumps, creams, teas, consultants while preg and after baby was born, everything. Well, at 3 wks old baby went back to hospital w/ jaundice, failure to thrive and extreme weight loss! I never had my milk come in. So.....I eventually switched to formula and felt sooo devastated that I was not successful. Well, this time I am not even going there. I am telling mysef I will do what is good for baby, and if that means its not what others want, oh well! After the last experience I learned I am mom and what my child needs means more than what others feel I "should" do. You just do the same!!
  • I was warned that if you don't breast feed that you get approached by la leche society like at the hospital or doctor's office. I can't wait to tell them to mind their own business!! Haha. But seriously there are pros and cons to both. Personally I want to take drugs like allegra for allergies, minocycline for bad acne, and drink wine again without worrying about chemicals getting into the baby. But everyone is different!
  • It seems strange to me people would choose not to bf without trying! It's only like 2% of woman who genuinely can't do it! I have friends who bottle fed and it worked for them but it is a fact that breast feeding is better for both mum and baby :-) saying that mind you doesn't mean anything if you get a happy bottle feeding mum and a depressed breast feeding one! Good luck with everything x sorry if this coment offends anyone wasn't ment to x