DNA testing. Identigene????

edited September 2011 in Just for Fun
Anyone use this? Did anyone buy the "send in " kind? Orrrr had the lab ones done? Cost? Anyone. I'm in a difficult situation, and recently decided before anything goes further, it'd be best to let everyone involved know 100% sure the father is the father. And what better way to "prove" then the test.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Me either. Bump.
  • Gah! Thanks guys.
  • I think your best bet for finding information would be to look up reviews google! Good luck hun!
  • its the same tests they use with child support. they work just as good, but they are costly! i recommend going threw child support cause even if u do it this way if u want support u have to do it again with them. and its free
  • I agree^ if its a sticky situation get it all legal before it becomes any stickier. And good luck. :)
  • I'm going to have a lab test done when gunner is born... the at home test are not as accurate as the labs.. I have looked at over 20 different places and called and got there opinions as well they all recommended going into get a test not the at home test.
  • Id go through the child support system as well. In oregon it costs about 300$
  • I agree with the attorney general as well lol I was so busy looking up everything else I never thought about that until recently
  • We've used the tests in our office. Its fairly simple and we've gotten kits at CVS for $40. It costs an additional $125 or so for the completed lab work. Our clients tend to use these tests when they are in the steps before we get court intervention. We've never used the CVS kit's results in Court, but the lab says they can be.
  • In Mo it cost my ex $250 to go thru court. I think it was worth every penny, he might disagree. We were married, he cheated, and then he wanted to make sure our son was his. Because he said he was unsure dfs originally pd for it & when it came back positive his he had to pay it to them.
  • I'm going thru mine with Child Support. Its free for mommies but cost the father if it is his.
  • The thing is, is I don't WANT to involve the courts, or do child support. I'm married, but while seperated going thru a divorce(I had my papers lol) I got preg by another guy who now wants to be involved. But personally I don't want him to have rights to her. I think imma go thru DDC (dna diagnostic center) and for the at home send in kit, its costing me 189$.
    But thank you ladies!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My brother did the at home DNA collection. It comes with a swab for mom, dad and child. You swab each persons cheek and each person has their own envelope that the swabs go into. Send it in and in about 7 days you can see the results online or they will mail it to you.
  • I did it 2 times they are great its was 125$and the cout excepted the results as long as we both agreed they were accurate...will be using them again this pregnancy.