i cant help it but 2 cry

edited September 2011 in Third Trimester
So last week I was tested for strep b n it came back positive. I can't help it but I'm bawling my eyes out. 25% of women get it....I didn't have it with my first. I know it could have been something worse but its still hard. How do I even get it?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Im sorry :( good news now that they know they can fix it.
  • @caffeinated_katie how do u even get it? It just makes me feel dirty like Im not clean.

@emy yeah ur right, but doesn't it not go away?
  • My doctor told me its no big deal if you have it.. they just need to know you so so that they can give you a antibiotic during labor so the baby doesn't get it. No need to stress. %%-
  • @jay_brad that's what mine said too but I can't help to think how it happend. I'm always so careful about everything even tryna prevent uti's n all that :(
  • How does someone get group B strep? The bacteria that causes group B strep normally lives in the intestine, vagina, or rectal areas. Group B strep colonization is not a sexually transmitted disease (STD). Approximately 25% of all healthy women carry group B strep bacteria. For most women there are no symptoms of carrying the GBS bacteria. What if I test positive for Group B Strep infection? If you test positive for GBS this simply means that you are a carrier. Not every baby who is born to a mother who tests positive for GBS will become ill. Approximately one out of every 200 babies whose mothers carry GBS and are not treated with antibiotics, will develop signs and symptoms of GBS disease. There are, however, symptoms that may indicate that you are at a higher risk of delivering a baby with GBS. These symptoms include: Labor or rupture of membrane before 37 weeks Rupture of membrane 18 hours or more before delivery Fever during labor A urinary tract infection as a result of GBS during your pregnancy A previous baby with GBS disease In this case your physician will want to use antibiotics for prevention.
  • edited September 2011
    my doctor told me its ok if it comes back positvie. She said that in all actuality every woman has the bacteria, what they test for is how high your levels are and if it comes back to high then they give you antibiotics for it during labor
  • @jay_brad thank u. I feel so gross
  • I know how u feel, I didn't have it wuth my first but had it with this last one. it wasnt bad they just have the antibiotics thru iv..i had no complications from it, good luck, hope you have a fast easy delivery :)
  • @2ndbutfirst @gsmommy does it ever go away? Idk how my BD will.react. yeah its not an std but ppl react diff.to diff things. Thank u!
  • @ahendricks09 that makes me feel better. It caught me.off guard n I wanted to cry in the examining room like a baby
  • @adri805 glad i could help dont cry... and im still waiting for my results i find out tomorrow at my nxt appt
  • @ahendricks09 good luck...ur due in october right? Do u know if its harmful to ir partner if they do.oral...forgot to ask bc I just wanted to get out of there
  • I have it as well. its truly not a big deal. It just means I will be getting antibiotics during labor and if my labor takes a long time after my water breaks there is a special wash that i can douche with during labor and wash the baby with afterwards so he doesn't get it. try to relax. 1 in every 300 mommies get it. and the chances of you passing it to your baby are about 2%. I bet @homebirthadvocate would have more she can tell you.
  • @adri805 thanks and no September i have 15 days left .. and im not sure about that
  • Its a natural bacteria. Dont feel gross, its present when were not pregnant too. Let the drs take care of it, dont stress ;;)
  • @imamommysoon @lolasbabynum1 thank u for making me.feel better. It's funny how I'm always so ocd about germs n bacteria n overly use handsanitizer n make my daughter wash her hands like crazy...only me. The Dr didn't really even.bother telling me.about what it was or ne thing she just said to let the ppl know when.I am.at the hospital so I can get the antibiotics for it. Do either of.u two know if its harmful to ur partner if they come.in.contact with it thru oral? Jw.
    @ahendricks09 oh wow how.r u feeling?
  • I honestly don't know the answer to that one sweetie. I've been having lots of "get this baby the frig out of me" sex every night but it hasn't included oral (sorry wayyyy tmi) my midwife said sex is ok but she didn't mention oral.
  • @adri805 extremely uncomfortable (i wouldn't say in pain because its bearable) , and beyond anxious
  • @imamommysoon lol when.r.u.due?
    @firsttimemommytobe thank u. U ladies r so awesome. Ur all like.the friends I.don't have...which I.don't.
    @ahendricks09 ur small :) r u being induced?
  • edited September 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • i'm due on the 21st :) i'm getting impatient!
  • @firsttimemommytobe yeah I agree. Only one of my friends showed up to my babyshower out of the 40 I invited this past weekend. Most of my bf's guy friends went that he invited. I was like Wth? Ahh whatever u ladies r enough.

@imamommysoon Omg ur close. How r.u feeling?
  • I feel like absolute crap tbh. It's a little better today now that the humidity broke. but I have been cleaning our apartment and nesting a lot. today I dropped a dozen eggs and broke down and cried like it was the end of the world. I will be glad to get my body back and my hormones under control. and of course have my beautiful baby boy out.
  • @adri805 yea i know and the picture i have on here is from when i was exactly 20weeks and nope not being induced at least it hasnt been brought up we're all surprised i made it this far ..
  • @ahendricks09 zomg we have the same due date!
  • @Imamommysoon lol i just saw that too..... Congrats you ready?? lol how are you feeling??
  • @ahendricks09 I am sooooooooooooooooo ready. he is measuring at 39 weeks. he's a big baby! the house is ready for him. I got my bassinet, crib, changing table, all his clothes washed and put away, my diaper stacker full. he could come this very minute and I would be ready lol. I got down on my hands and knees today and scrubbed all of our floors... I am in full nesting mode....