37w appointment

edited September 2011 in Third Trimester
So just got back from my 37w appointment.. My cervix is soft but not dailated at all! I really wanted more progress than that. I'm still working on my feet all day and feeling alot of pressure, just thought I'd be closer. Then I had to have blood drawn and she bruised me. So now I'm just an emotional wreck, can't stop crying, had to vent. Ok vent over.

Comments

• I just had mine this week too. I didn't have blood drawn, but I haven't progressed at all either. He said I'm still closed but nice and soft and that my cervix is low. He couldn't tell me how effaced I am though cause I'm not dilated at all. I'm fine with this for now, but I at least want SOME progress by next week!
    I wish you lots of luck!!!!
  • Yeah sounds the same as what my doc. said! I hope we both have better luck at our next appointments! Thanks for the response! @musicmomma
  • im 37 weeks and im 1cm dilated and my cervix is also soft but im having contractions on & off
  • I'm 36 weeks and 3 cm dilated, but it really doesn't mean much, I've known people go a month at 3 cm.
  • @mrsthompson34 I've also had contractions but nothing regular.. My doc said to call if they are 10 min apart for an hour, or if my water breaks. Good luck to you hope you progress!
  • Thanks @sweeetie30 I guess your right! Well I hope you get more progress soon!
  • What was the blood draw for?
  • @kritten_octoberbby at my 27w I was diagnosed with low iron/anemia I've been on iron pills since along with my prenatal, so it was a follow up to see if the pills are working. The woman couldnt find my vain she poked around and I got an instant bruise she just told me to go home and ice it.
  • Ohh ok i see. I thought it was one of those standard issued draws. I have my 37wk appt next week. I hate blood draws... I was worried for a minute..i hope your next blood draw is better.. i see that kind of thing happen at my work allll the time.
  • good luck to u too ;-)
  • Thanks ladies!
  • hopefully you'll progress by your next appointment. i had mine this week (37weeks) & im not dilated and my cervix is still high :( i almost cried when he told me
  • Thanks @mommajtall yeah I cried like a baby my hubby had to calm me down, hope you make some progress by your next appointment too!!!
  • I'm 39 weeks and I'm only 1cm dilated! I've been 1cm for a freakin' month now! I'm getting really annoyed. I haven't even experienced a Braxton Hick or real contraction yet ..... I've been trying to do things to help get them started but nothing is helping.
  • @eskarne_339 I'm noticing pregnancy is crazy, its questionable how it can be so different for every woman. I've had braxton hicks since 27w and for a few weeks I've had them every day, but not dailated. I think there are no true factors to help things, we just have to let those babies come when they are ready! Good luck to you hun hope something happens for you soon!!!
  • @pregnantelf Thanks! I hope so too! I atleast want some dilation before I get induced.
  • Awh my doctor wouldn't check me at my last appt 38 weeks she says she can't cuz I'm not having contractions lately :/
  • I'm glad ur soft sorry ur not dialated yet I hope it happens soon good luck mama!
  • Had mine yesterday as well and nothing :( boo! Doctor said he weighs close to 7 1/2. And if I go all the way to 40 weeks I could have a ten pound baby :( ouch! (Which is crazy cause I haven't gained any weight with this pregnancy) hoping some change by next week if not ill have another u/s
  • @iwantaboy18 aww hopefully you start progressing soon!

@momof22be thank you!

@kelleymomma wow thats a big baby, hope all goes smooth for you! Good luck!