38w appt ... weird??

edited September 2011 in Third Trimester
So i went to my doctors appt today and i had to see a diff. doc this week & nxt week because my doctor was all booked up oh well didnt really matter.. any who doctor told be everything looked good and that she wasnt going to check me this week but she said she will check me nxt week and if i havent changed much from my 36w6d appt (1cm & 50% effaced) then she will schedule my induction date for sept 28 a week after my EDD

that kind of threw me off i didnt think they even talked about induction unless you were already over.. but on the bright side at least i know that if i dont have her by my DD i already have a date in the book

Comments

• Wow that's crazy
  • I wasnt over my dd and I got induced at 38w 6d. I was shocked he offered it and glad I accepted lol
  • edited September 2011
    @momof22be thats what i thought

@OregonMama yea i was thinking the same thing but it still seemed weird to me

@blessed1508 oh wow but mine is for after my DD .. it just made it seemed rushed.. and i couldnt be induced i heard the pain is worse than when you go into labor on your own and i plan on going all natural
  • I didn't get pitocin or whatever that drug is. something else that starts with a p. my labor was just like my first which I didn't get induced. both under 5 hrs and easy as hell lol but hopefully u don't have to get induced so u can do it natural
  • Some doctors err more on the side of caution rather than let you go overdue and risk complications ...
  • edited September 2011
    @Ourlittlenugget oh ok makes sense even though the date for the induction is for when i am overdue..but i gotcha
  • Yeah some docs get nervous because there's a higher instance of late term loss beyond 40/41 weeks. Either way, *prayers* for a healthy delivery real soon! ;-)
  • My doc will schedule a induction at 39weeks... I got put on the calender for sep 23rd... All mine were induced at 39weeks except 1 he came exactly at 39weeks.
  • edited September 2011
    @Ourlittlenugget thanks its crazy how i went from doctors worrying that i would deliver early to now the thought of scheduling a just incase induction if i go over

@abby5 yea she said she would put me on the calender for sept 28 when i would hit 41 weeka
  • That IS crazy! Babies like to keep us on our toes!
  • @ahendricks09... I couldn't imagine carring for 41 weeks... I am miserable now... Good luck and easy quick labor amf healthy baby :)
  • maybe it was because you plan to do a natural birth. She probably thought that you'd want to be induced if the baby wasn't out by then. Did you ask her about it?
  • @abby5 i cant either im going crazy right now at 38w1d never thought i would make it this far.. but idk how much longer i can go

@Novembee no i actually havent even had a talk with my doc about my birth plan yet they havent brought it up .. and the person i saw at this appt was a diff doc my doc didnt have any appt available
  • @ahendricks09... Its all i can do to drag myself out of bed to take my other kids to school... And i have to have a nap durring the day or i can't make it threw... I haven't cooked dinner in over a month so glad my parents live a few mins away they are a life saver... My oldest is 8 and he mopped my whole downstairs yesterday for me didnt even have to ask him so he gets a big reward this weeknd...come on sep 23rd :).... Ive started walking more and it kills me but ive been getting a few contractions durring my walks so im gona keep it up since the weather here in tx has gotten out of the 100's
  • edited September 2011
    @abby5 yea i have to take a nap as well to make it through the day.. but for me ive actually been cooking more if its not a homemade meal i dont want it .. and aww that is soo sweet how many kids do you have this is my first. and i know i have 12 days till my EDD and im counting day praying she comes early. and me too ive been walking a mile a day just got done walking an hour ago and then bounced on the ball for 30 minutes. and here in MD it went from being 100 degrees to raining the past 3 days and so its chilly
  • My bff is also 38 weeks and they told her the same thing at her 38 week appt. But the REALLY weird thing to me is that she is 38 weeks and have never checked her cervix at all besides her first appt. I would have thought they would start checking at 36 or 37 weeks atleast.
  • @excitedforoctober a lot of doctors dont check unless there is a problem or unless you ask ..(only because they say you can be dilated for weeks before you have your baby)