plus size baby!

edited September 2011 in Pregnant
So doc did a scan sew how big my lil man is and doc is estimating 8-9 lb baby when I have him! Omg! He's a cow! My son was a lil over 5 my daughter 7 even... this scares me! Anyone else have this said or have big babies? Tell me a doc said ur baby was huge n wound up being a bit smaller!

Comments

• Dr said mine was 10lbs 6 oz ...he was born 9.4 22.. in!!!
  • My son was born 9lbs 9oz he's now 13 weeks on Sunday weighed last Friday and was 14 lbs 12oz he looks 5months old compared to my friends baby who is 3 weeks older lol but wouldn't change him
  • Please remember that those scans can be off by a few pounds in either direction.
    Also, 8 to 9 pound babies are not plus size and should be considered normal size for an infant.
    Woman have been giving birth to 10 pound babies for 100's of years and the stigma that a baby should weigh 7 pounds or less didn't come about until the early 50's when woman had to be small/skinny and had to be small/skinny while pregnant.
    Try not to stress, if woman could do it a 100 years ago without any pain meds and not going to a hospital to give birth than so can you. :)