What would you do? Opinions please.... **Update**

edited September 2011 in Relationships
My husband has this "best friend" that I borderline hate. He's always in trouble and every time my husband is mixed up in something, come to find out, this guy was there. Well the "best friend" just opened strip club in our city and wants my husband to partner up with him. My husband won't give him an answer until I say I'm fine with it. Problem is, I'm not!!!! I don't think it's a good idea because there are so many other "positive" businesses you can get involved in...(nothing against strippers). Why not open a daycare or something? My other issue with this is I just don't think he's a good friend. Why would you surround yourself with someone who's constantly in trouble and drags you down right along with him? He thinks I'm tripping and I don't trust him. It's not that I don't trust him, I don't trust the environment that he'll be working in and I don't trust his "friend". I feel like this is something that would definitely draw a wedge between us....so am I tripping ladies? Advice and opinions wanted....Thanks :-|

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @armywife3 I would feel the same way you are. Tell him ur answer is no and that you mean no.
  • I'm with the ladies above me. Sounds like bad news. Good luck.
  • I wouldn't let my husband do it! especially if this guy is a bad influence! but I also just don't like the idea of strip clubs or anything that promotes cheating.... My personal opinion is mental cheating and oggling at other women is cheating. I just wouldn't like the idea of my husband being apart of that. Plus if this other guy does something stupid you don't want your husband going down for it.
  • If you're not comfortable with it, then say it! Maybe try to use an example that would switch it up...like, would you want me to be a (insert career he would dislike here)? Plus just give him examples of when the two of them got into trouble, and explain that you don't want that to be the role model for your child.
  • edited September 2011
    Thanks ladies...It's good to know that others would feel the same way if they were in my shoes.
    @natashalynn ...i did that and he says he "understands where I'm coming from, but this is a good opportunity to make extra money."

I'm just aggravated by this whole thing and everytime I think it's blown over, here comes this damn troublemaker bringing it up again
  • Fuck that. Stand your ground chick! My hubby wouldn't even dare even thinking of asking me to do something like that. It ruins trust in the first place tell him if he cares about your relationship and your baby he needs to rethink his priorities. He should only want to see u dancing naked. Not a whole club of girls that would try to get in to the boss's pants for a raise. Hellllll no. They have no respect and neither dies he. Fuck that. Sorry that just pisses me off. Ur having his baby he should be worshiping you!!
  • aand don't even.let him bring.his 'buddy' into the conversation its his own damn mind he can make his own decisions like a grown man should its not about his friend its about the two of u and ur baby. stand ur ground hun
  • edited September 2011
    Thanks ladies :D ...i feel a little better, i guess!
  • Ya but money isn't everything...I mean, you could go walk the streets for extra cash, but he probably doesn't want you to do that. There's a balance between money and morals and its up to both of you to distinguish where that line is.
  • It would be a flat out no in the first place regarding a strip club but maybe bring up the business aspect of it...does he trust this guy enough to be a business partner, to handle his financials, be able to run a business properly ect? By being married he's bringing you into it...is he willing to put everything in this guys hands and if anything goes south he's willing to lose the house (If he puts it up for collateral) type of thing? He needs to think about his family before making any risky business decisions (as in the guy he's going into business with)
  • Omg! This is just....omg! Can u image career day? What's ur daddy do? Runs a strip club... but hey really someone has to do it I guess... um if its clean and not trashy with prostitutes .... idk I wouldn't like that at all
  • I totally agree with @kdaniels !! Fuck that your husband shouldnt have even thought about it out of respect for you and your baby.
  • Btw I don't mean no disrespect I just put myself in your position and got mad lol
  • edited September 2011
    @MommyLovesSparkle ....no, I understand!!!!
    @Everyone is just saying what I'm thinking...lol ....I'm just beyond pissed. He's supposedly going up to the club tonight to see how everything runs X(
  • Could he be a silent partner? Just there because of financial reasons not operational.
  • I dont even want my husband at strip clubs. I would be extremely, extremely, mad. I would probably start a fight right about now. To "see" how it runs. Uhm hell no. Especially if you told him your not okay with the idea.
  • @mandac10 ....that's the correct smiley...that explains exactly how I feel...
    @Mrs4c ... From what I understand, he's planning to only go up to the club maybe 2 nights out of the week just to check on things and I 'm invited to go anytime...smh
    @usafwife_21 ...me either. It's just not a place for a married man...
  • two nights a week at a strip club? EEEK :( My hubby might be going to Vegas for work reasons... I'm like I swear to god if you leave me alone with out infant son and end up going to clubs to watch girls dance because your "buddies" talked you into it.... I will chop your penis off!!!!
  • edited September 2011
    soooo this mofo ended up going to the club last night against my wishes. I see now I'm just going to have to detach myself from this situation and let him fall on his face. I'm so disappointed. :-S
  • @OregonMama ....I am...I can't even describe how I'm feeling....maybe hurt is the better word.
  • @OregonMama ...honestly, I don't have anything to say to him. At this point, I'm washing my hands. He'll see eventually what I was trying to prevent. :-??
  • @MarinesAngel ....yeah, it's kinda like beating a dead horse at this point. He's stubborn as hell. I feel the same way. I trust him, but the girls and his friend, not so much. I think he fails to see my pov and honestly thinks he's not doing anything wrong
  • @armywife3 not even thinkin about the stripper part and the environment but if the friend is always in some shit wouldn't it make you wonder where he got the start up money. Or what else or who else is involved. Don't want your hubby in no fishy money. Idk though just saying....
  • @yung_danz28 ...yeah i thought about that. He probably didn't tho...this is a lesson he's gonna have to learn on his own...he's hardheaded
  • @USMCwifemommy101107 ...not sure how he'd be able to do that and balance his military career...maybe it'll end up getting shut down.... :D