Coffee..

edited September 2011 in Pregnant
Am I the only one that can't function without it? I know most people say it's a no no, but I've quit drinking soda all together and I did quit smoking :-) but anyways! If I don't have my morning cup of joe my entire day is screwed up, I'm tired and weird and a little unplesant lol. I feel like I need to stop drinking it though, by midafternoon when the caffeine starts wearing off I get all shakey and frazzled like I'm having withdrawls :\ maybe I need to do a coffee detox for a few days.. haha anyone else have this problem?

Comments

• withdrawls can be bad for bub :/
  • @mumma_to_be I might be overexaggerating (sp) it's just like when it wears off I get all weird :\ I think I'm gonna try and stop drinking it, it was only like a once a week thing at first but now it's everyday and it's making me feel crazy!
  • @mumma_to_be I might be overexaggerating (sp) it's just like when it wears off I get all weird :\ I think I'm gonna try and stop drinking it, it was only like a once a week thing at first but now it's everyday and it's making me feel crazy!
  • I drink soda instead. I've even started having at least one a day. I try not to, but the temptation is so there. Coffee isn't bad, as long as its not like 5 cups a day. Maybe 1 or 2 will be fine.
  • I can definatley do with out coffee, but now that its back in season, I LOVE MY PUMPKIN SPICE FRAPS!!!! YUMMMMM!!! <3
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I have cut down my starbucks to only 3 times a week.
  • @valentinasmommy I don't even want to drink soda anymore I haven't felt like it this whole pregnancy. I guess it's safe to drink 200mg of caffeine a day and there's only about 96 in a cup of coffee so I think I'm okay.

@emmalee7 I know what you mean!! They are sooo good :-) haha

@caffeinated_katie that's how I feel lol bd will take a sip out of my cup and I'm like you better put that down if you know what's good for you

@usmcwifemommy101107 I would do decaf but I would still feel poopy all day :-( half is a good idea though. I've never had a migrane but I hear they're awful, my sister has really bad ones that make her throw up a lot
  • @gladiator007 I wish I could afford starbucks.. mmm I love their vanilla bean frapps :-)
  • edited September 2011
    I drank yummy mocha frapps almost everyday for the last 3 mo of pregnancy, only cause thats where my love works. And drinking coffee (regular to taste) totally helps you poo! Very necessary after a c-section.
  • I get migraines really bad as well!! So I try to limit my caffeine in take to once or twice a week so I don't drink soda but I do have my chocolate to!! So that's why I limit my coffee to once or twice a week!! But I can't till baby is out and I can have my coffee fix every day again I miss it lol!!
  • @caroline8_p lol ya I always poop after drinking a big cup of coffee.
  • @emmalee7 omg I'm so thrilled pumpkin spice is back! I've had it 3 times since Tuesday. Mmmm delicious!