Where were you and what were you doing when 9-11 occured?

Where were you and what were you doing when 9-11 occured?

Kansas city, missouri
I was in the 5th grade classroom, and they turned on the t.v. And we seen one of the twin towers burning! :'(

Praying for everyones loved ones who passed away in those buildings and for the fireman.

Comments

• Two rivers, wi
    I was in 7th grade in my literature class wth mrs geiger
    They turned on the news and we saw the first tower collapse.
    I had to go home because I was so emotional
    They set up therapy rooms for kids who needed to talk
    All classes were shut down to teaching and just watched all day
  • I was in 5th grade littleton, co. Both buildings had been hit by the time we got to school. The pentagon was hit when we were arriving. We knew it was serious cause in elementary school you don't leave tvs on all day.
  • I was 15 and doing homeschooling. That day I was lazy and just watching TV. When it all started I was glued to the television afraid to turn it off. I thought the world was ending. And local news WA saying that Tampa could be a potential target as well. My dad and stepmom were cops and wanted to go to NY so badly.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Illinois. I was a freshmen in highschool and i had no idea what they twin towers ever were.
  • I was in 9th grade in Wellsville NY. I had stayed home from school with strep throat. I laid there watching TV all day. It was horrible
  • I was a sophmore in high school in gym class. the teacher told us what happened and then told us to go run laps.. we refused as we were all in shock. he tried to give us all a zero for the day... that didn't work out so well when the next day 28 angry parents bombarded the school with phone calls....
  • edited September 2011
    Buffalo, NY. I was in 11th grade and when I walked into my US history class it was on the news. My teacher didn't keep it on so honestly I didn't really know how serious it was, or what was really going on. My mom was at home and called the school and had me come home. Once I got home and watched the news I realized. It was scary. My sister was in middle school and they didn't tell any of the kids and they wouldn't let her out either. My mom was pissed.
  • Hampton va,
    Mrs shacklefords 3rd grade english class. The teacher next door came running in telling us to turn on the tv. I had no clue what was going on but my best friend was from upstate ny and told me they were the twin towers. She knew her dad was going to have to go up there and help. 10 yrs later im married to a 2nd generation fire fighter and im so greatful for every thing they do on a daily basis.
  • Walworth Wisconsin. I was in 11th grade in study hall chatting with my boyfriend. They turned the TVs on and we watch then rushed to our next class to not miss anyrhing
  • In the UK 11years old
    returned home from school has the building was collapsing :( can remember coming home from school all happy and then just standing still watching the tv thinking it was a film till my mum told me what happened :( watched news all night till bed time think that was the first time i was silent for so long!
  • I was 18 on last day of my holiday in benidorm unsure if we wer gonna get home at all :-( when we finally got on the plane they came and checked every persons passport, it was so scary for us I cant even begin to imagine what america was going through :'( gbnf
  • St charles, mo. I was married to my 1st husband at the time and was asleep in our apartment. I was sick, running a high feaver. My mom called &i answered the phone "somebody better be dead or dying". She just said turn on the tv. I was speechless! I has a dr appointment that he canceled saying just go to the er instead. Two of my cousins enlisted that day &i was put in the hospital for a sinus infection. All the nurses were in shock. One nurse had a complete breakdown when putting in my iv in. all I could do for 3 days was watch it all on tv.
  • Vernal utah I was in second or 3rd but I really dont remember if I was at school or home alone sick
  • Clearwood Jr high..slidell,la. 6th grade Ms. Lacoste class. Was in the middle of a test and my teacher got a phone call,didn't say a word,just turned on the tv ;( we watched it all happen. My mom picked me up early shortly after.
  • I was 20 & at home with my 1 yr old alone. My husband (we weren't married then) was downtown Chicago at work. I eas soo scared thinking if they came & did this to Chicago, I might not see him again. Our daughter would grow up without a dad. He came home about 11am. Said downtown was being evacuated due to what happened in NY.
  • Clovis Ca, 13 years old.. I was at home getting ready for school & My Dad told me to come watch the news, right as I walked in the second building was hit.. We watched the news all day in class & I went home & was glued to the tv the rest of the night.
  • Hendersonville, Tn, I was 10th grade Ms. Pucketts art class. The principal came over the intercom asking all the teachers to turn on thier tvs. I remember sitting in disbelief as the first tower collapsed.
  • I was at school in the 5th grade too... The tragedy seemed so unreal to me :(
  • i was at the orthodontist getting my braces tightened... i thought it was a movie till i saw the look of fear on my dad's face (u.s. army) then when we went to go home (we lived on post) it took us 3 hours to get through the gate. so scary..
  • 2 days before my 18 bday in Loveland, CO. my step dad was watching the tv and said its terrorists. I just woke up and said quit watching movies this early. I saw the 2nd plane hit. Listened to it on my way to work in a daze.
  • I was a freshman in h.s in my first period class which was P.E/health.
  • I was in my 8th grade american history class. Irony.
  • Sunnyvale, ca
    I was getting ready for work when the first tower got hit. Then in the car when the 2nd got hit. I was driving to work trying to figure out how to explain what happen to a bunch of K-5 graders. I was asst dir of a day care at the time.
  • I was in Utah getting ready for school, I was brushing my teeth and my mom called me into her bedroom when they were talking about it, I went back to rinse out my mouth and I hear "Omg another plane just hit!" I ran in there. It was just a weird day.
  • Lakeland, florida.
    I was in my 4th grade homeroom. The teachers didnt have the tvs on & no one told us what was going on. I remember over hearing one of the girls I went to school withs mom talking to the teacher about something & i knew it was bad, just really didnt know what happened. It wasnt until the end of the day when I got on the bus that I knew what happened and it wasn't until I got home & saw it on the news and saw the pictures that I really understood how bad it was.
  • Iwas walking out of my door on thee way to school when our neighbor ran out like he did every morning to say good morning but this time thee look on his face was not good he told my mom did yu hear what happened she said.. NO... he then proceeded to tell her.. she was like OMG me personally ididnt knw what happened or what was going on iwas in thee 7th grade... she then dropped me off at school after telling me what happened and thee whole day all of my friends and kids at school were scared thinking we were gonna get bombed... that was a SAD SAD day and ipray for thee ones who lost there loved ones... be thankful for thee life yu live even if it isn't or doesn't go as planned.. at least yu have HEALTH.. A BEAUTIFUL.. BABY.. a ROOF OVER YUR HEAD AND THAT YU WAKE UP EVERYDAY!!! :-D
  • Oh SAN DIEGO CA!! ^^^