horrible thing to realize at 3:30 in the morning.

edited September 2011 in Loss
Haven't been able to sleep yet since everything happened. I was lying awake thinking about things and realized... I lost my ultrasound pictures in the fire sat night. I am absolutely devastated.

Comments

• What's going on? I missed ur thread or something
  • @mandac10 my mom's house burnt down saturday night. we lost everything. including all of our animals. It is awful
  • Omg! What was the cause of the fire? U know u may be able to get a copy of the us pix. Some docs keep them saved on file :-?
  • I am so sorry you and your family is going through all of this. Its a horrible thing to go through. The samething happened to my parents house while my husband and I were vising for a week earlier this year (in June I think).. a fire is a horrible thing to try to get over. My thoughts are with you and your family. It is going to be a long and difficult process...
  • edited September 2011
    @mandac10 at first they thought one of the dogs jumped up on the stove and turned it on or something. but they traced it back to some faulty wiring behind the stove. it just created a hot spot. blew out all the windows instantly and created a backdraft. the whole was lost in a matter of about 10 minutes. the scary thing was that my bf and I were there just an hour before it happened feeding all the animals because my parents were on vacation and my brother was at work. they said if we had been there we would have gone instantly....
  • edited September 2011
    I'm sorry to hear about the fire (I read the other post), but I am glad that your family was not home at the time. I am sorry for the loss of your pets, I know pets are as close to family as it gets. Losing items that can't be replaced is a horrible feeling...my ex gave away Christmas ornaments that my grandpa gave to me less than a month after he passed away. I was very upset, but I still have the memories of those Christmas' with my grandpa and I am thankful for them. I pray you find peace within all of the sadness.
  • @1stwoodsbaby I don't wish this to happen on my worst enemy. it is truly devastating. today my youngest nephew who lived with with my parents and brother found a dogs toy in the yard and couldn't understand why his dog couldn't play with him anymore. talk about heart wrenching experiences..
  • Thank you for your continued support @misskristin yesterday was really hard as we were cleared to go back in the house and see if there was anything salvageable... and there is really nothing. all they have is the clothes there were wearing saturday night and what was packed in their suitcases for their weekend trip..
  • Oh my! A whole house going up that fast! Thank God no one was home! And ur poor animals! Such a shame! I am so sorry for ur loss. Did ur parents have home owners insurance? U should b able to get some things replaced if they did... I am truly sorry and I wish u the best of luck in this horrible time
  • @imamommysoon aw that is terribly sad. it really is devastating.. I just now read your post about the fire. Thank God no one was at home. My 2 younger brothers (16 &10) were home when our fire happened.. thankfully the 16 yr old stayed calm and got them out of the house in time. They had just gotten home and his car caught fire in the garage after they went into the house. It didn't burn the structure down but ruined the entire house and all of the contents.. so my parents are having to inventory EVERY SINGLE item in the house and find a replacement cost on the item before they can even think about rebuilding. I never knew what a mess a fire could cause. I'm so sorry about all the keepsakes, pictures, and pets that were lost.
  • I'd be up all night crying realizing that!My drs office keeps a copy on file. At my 28 week u/s they showed us side by side comparison of our baby from gender ultrasound to weeks 28! It was crazy. My office is however a part of a large practice that has 5 locations and everything is done digitally. Each Dr or nurse practitioner uses a tablet to enter in all the notes from your visit. It's then stored into this jumbo database that can be accessed at all 5 locations and all the hospitals they are associated with. Maybe ask if your office keeps that stuff on file.
  • @imamommysoon Has the Red Cross been contacted yet? Is there anywhere us preglys can send donations?
  • @mandac10 ya they have good insurance. and it will pay for the whole house to be rebuilt and all the lost appliances and such. the pictures of the fire are just crazy to see. its like a bomb went off. I had no idea that it could happen that quickly. the fire marshall said it can happen if the conditions are just right... luckily none of the firefighters got hurt responding. they also took the time to dig a hole under our willow tree and bury our animals for us so we didn't have too even though it was like 1 in the morning and 'm sure they were very exhausted. we will forever be grateful for that.
  • I am so sorry! I had read your post the other day.... When I think about it, it brings tears to my eyes. I'm so glad that you guys werent there when it happened! losing the animals must be heart wrenching! i can't even imagine losing my baby dog... I've had him for five years and he's attached at my hip. Like someone else said maybe you can get copies of the u/s pics from the doc.... I'll continue to pray for you and your family!
  • @Mrs4c I am going to call in the morning and see if my ultrasound tec does. I went to a women who does a private practice that is just her doing it because she offered 3-d scans. I'm hoping that she saves them..
  • thank you @smcox and @1stWoodsBaby it really means a lot to me that all the people on here I have never met continue to help me through this.
  • Seriously though... Is there anything we can send you or your family? I can't give much, but I would really love to help out in any way! clothes? food? Anything!?
  • @smcox I truly appreciate that thank you. our community has really come together for us and the red cross has helped us immensely. they set up a camper/modular home for my parents, brother and nephews to sleep in. and gave us a voucher to go buy food and clothes. also people stopped by all day yesterday to give us donations of bottled water, clothes and toys for my nephews. its just amazing what a community can do in someones time of need. I think at this point just having someone to talk to is what we all need. my parents have each other. my brother has his new gf who is amazing.. and my bf is great but its just not the same as having other females to talk to you know?
  • Totally understandable! I can't say I even remotely know what you're going through but if you need to talk I'm here! I'm glad your community is coming together to help you guys out! my offer still stands if you need anything!!! I'm truly sorry you have to go through this especially while pregnant! just don't forget to still be happy about your little bundle of joy! when are you due? boy out girl and what's their name?
  • @smcox I am technically due the 21st but I am so low and have some pretty amazing braxton hicks and some other good signs so I don't think I will be lasting that long . everyone is surprised the stress didn't put me into labor but it looks like my little man is pretty content where he is and doesn't want out yet. His name is Gavin Jacob. I am very happy to have him come in a time in our lives when we could all use a little joy.
  • Aww, my hubby wanted to name our son Gavin but we decided on Damien. I hope your labor goes smoothly!
  • Thanks @smcox i will post a story about it as soon as it happens. thanks again for your support.
  • House fires are devastating and honestly its one of my worst fears. I couldn't imagine losing things that are so close to me for so long. I'm so sorry :(
  • thanks @ashes it was a pretty rough day today. it finally hit my mom and she was not doing well. I was having major contractions all day and I thought I was about to pop but I think baby wants to stay in just a little longer....