My husband is being a butthead

He decided to quit smoking earlier this week. He's been doing good wearing patches and snacking on red vines. He hasn't been too terribly grumpy so far, but this morning he is being a mega grumpster! When he said he didn't have a patch on, I suggested that maybe he should put one on. He said, "I almost just told you to shut the f#ck up." I said back "You know what? I'm just not going to talk to you." He just got grumpier and said, "Fine then!" Argh..... Why did he decide to quit smoking now? I'm seriously so close to just grabbing some change and walking my butt down to the smoke shop so he'll shut up and be nice again. Last night when we were cuddling in bed, I nuzzled his ear and he just pulled away and said, "Dont try to have sex with me." Wtf, I wasnt! He's driving me crazy!

On the good side of things, I'm due today and I've been having contractions lately. Well, I think they're contractions anyway. They feel like menstrual cramps but deeper. They were painful enough last night that they actually woke me up a few times. They aren't consistent yet, but I'm sure they'll pick up soon. I'm planning on going for a walk if it isn't really hot today.

Comments

• My husband is a social/stress smoker. I dread bbq season cause he doesn't realize his withdrawals put such a strain on me and the toddler *he doesn't realize he has withdrawals, plus he only smokes cloves or a pipe and Damn that gets pricey*
    (*) Labor dust (*)
  • As hard as it is just try yo put up with him for a little bit. the worst should be about over. At lest he's trying before the baby gets here
  • @beaded_bunny
    My hubby actually started off with cloves. He switched to menthols after that. Usually its opposite. I started with menthols and the first time I quit I smoked cloves to ease myself off the habit.

@mschop
    I'm hoping that he's close to getting over the grumpy hump. He's not too bad, he's just a butt and I'm so used to him being sweet to me all the time.
  • edited September 2011
    My husband was the same way. He tried to quit smoking while I was pregnant, he was just just a big jerk because he didn't have his ciggs. And he's in the Army, and just about every one of his friends and people he works with smoke, so its even harder. So, I gave in and he started smoking again. I couldn't deal with his attitude while being hormone crazy and pregnant, lol. I just don't let him smoke in he house, car, or anywhere near me or the baby. He has to be outside and way away from us. And I make him change his clothes after he smokes to hold the baby or feed her.
  • @cait_septembermommy
    I gave in. He's being a huge jerk right now and I'm so pissed off. I'm not talking to him. If he wants to be an A-hole then that's fine but I'm not gonna partake in it.
  • Aaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh...............

I'm so mad at him right now. I'm supposed to go out with my mom today but she's late and not answering my calls or texts. I just want to gtfo of here so I can have a chance to cool off and he has a chance to get nicotine back in his system. He's been horrible to me since yesterday and started today being a jerk. I'm so angry.... X(