Epidural!

edited September 2011 in Pregnant
OMG! I'm so not gettin a epidural after watchin a lady get one on T.V! Ouch!

Comments

• It looks more painful then it is, it only takes a few minutes and its wonderful after its done. You get to rest and relax until the baby comes :)
  • Lol I bet you'll change your mind when its time
  • Believe me...when you're in active labor the pain of contractions will override the pain of the epidural :) it just stings when they deaden the area...then its just pressure. Very worth it IMO ;)
  • My epidural didn't hurt at all. They numb you first and that feels just like a bee sting. That part hurts a little not bad at all! Then your numb and can't feel them put the catheter in your back
  • I'm definitely getting one..just worried how it feels when it comes out..lol
  • U dont feel it,whn it comes out. I had an awful experience getting it put in tho
  • I didn't feel it at all!!! Going in or out. U will b in so much pain u wont care bout the epiduaral needle
  • Ha I ended up getting one. It felt sooooo much better afterwards. I didn't have to sit up, I chose to lay on my left side.
  • I agree 100% with what @spray85 said!
  • Yeah, don't watch that stuff, lol!! Mine didn't hurt at all and they don't show you what they are doing.
  • Go all natural if you can! (But don't feel bad if you decide, "gimme that freakin epidural!")
  • Mine didn't hurt at all, just a pinch when they numb you them pressure, no pain with both of mine :)
  • Im going to try natural, but if the pain is to bad im all for the epidural yet im a lil scared on going natural and definitely scared for the epidural!
  • I had pitocin and it made my contractions way stronger....that epidural was NOTHING compared to the contraction pain. And plus you don't see any of them doing it. It didn't hurt at all. I had the pain meds in my IV before the epidural...and they didn't take any of the pain away of the contractions, just made me loopy.
  • I was so against the epidural because I wanted a natural labor but by the time I hit 5cm I couldn't take it anymore the pain was killing me everytime I took a deep breath I feel like my back was gonna break. Getting the epidural wasn't bad its better than it sounds. I didn't feel anything... I was too concentrated on staying still thru a contraction. :) keep your options open.
  • im not getting one not because im afraid its going to hurt but just because i want to go all natural..
  • Mine didn't hurt at all and I was scared to death. Lol its amazing what you'll do in major back labor. :) a small pinch for the numbing and that's it. Afterwards, I slept for two hours then I pushed for only 45 minutes. That was the best sleep... now I don't sleep at all lol good luck- I never watched epi videos... just birthing and labor ones. Its worth it, I promise and i'm a ftm
  • I wish I could get one. :-( I've had 2 from previous surgeries on my legs, and it seems I'm allergic to them. Looks like my baby is coming natural whether I like it or not.
  • @jistkirarenee you'll be ok! Lots of mamas do without one! If you haven't already though, you should look into some of those classes, like Bradley method that REALLY teach you how to breathe through pain. The hospital classes barely mention it.
  • Man, I went all natural with my first two, I wish I had the epidural (at least for my first) cause I was dying. But I arrived too late :(
  • I waited till I was 8cm till I got mine. I had a bad experience with mine. It hurt bad for me and I had a shooting pan down my leg when they were putting in the cathider. But after 10 mins of receiving the epidural. I was in HEAVEN!! And I didn't need to push the button for more. It worked that well. And it lasted for hrs after I had my son. I had to push him out when I was only 9cm. So thank god I got it..
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Lol, you'll change your mind when those contractions hit you, trust me >:)
  • @everyone my nanna wants me to try go natural :)
  • I got one, didnt hurt at all. But it sucked for me cus it never worked I felt all my contractions on top of back labor(painfull).. The dr kept giving me more and more but only my legs were numb.. Ended up having a csection
  • @mumma_to_be that's great! :) I tried to go as long as I could going natural.that didn't happen for me.it didn't hurt me and I didn't have to for up. I was laying down when they put it in.it was an easy and quick process.....but if you want to try natural, go for it :)
  • Lol.I had the thing you put in the iv at first but I was tired of it wearing off @FirstTimeMommyToBe