HELP!

edited September 2011 in Babies
I don't know if my daughter is teething or if there is a deeper issue. She is usually a very happy baby but ever since labor day weekend she has been very cranky and fussy. Sometimes she will do this weird thing where she kinda screams and shoves her fist/fingers in her mouth...then kinda growl I guess. She also hasn't been talking back to me as much as she was before. She eats fine and sleeps well too. Just while awake is very angry...normal poos too. She is 4 months any ideas? Oh and teething things don't work at all( rings, gel, pellets, etc) she does drool like crazy and gnaw on her hands n toes too.

Comments

• Could b teething.
  • That's what I thought...but three are no hard spots on Ger gum and they aren't swollen or anything.
  • @jtmoon98 thank you :) I actually bought her an amber necklace ..it doesn't seem to help at all :( but thanks ill keep an eye on her ears!
  • Bump...any other ideas? She's still terribly unhappy.
  • You could try giving her a cold wash cloth to suck on ...it def just sounds like teething.my daughter never drooled when she was teething.
  • @garagebandfan thank you! I will definitely try that! She is drooling like crazy!
  • No problem! Its what I used and its the only thing that worked for her.
  • @bentlysmom and nothing has worked still!
  • @Bentleysmommy
    I knew the first one didn't sound right.
  • I would either say teething or growth spurt. When Bentley goes through them, he's super fussy and wants to eat 24/7. Do you feed her fruits yet or does she suck on a paci?
  • @bentlymommy no fruit yet and she hates paci's. She's actually been very picky about feeding...not finishing her bottle but them getting hungry 30 min later. :/
  • Then maybe a growth spurt. I would call her pediatrician on Monday and ask. I was asking about the paci because you could put one in the freezer so it'd be nice and cold but she doesn't take one :(
  • Teething! My baby is cutting her first tooth. Its cute the tip is through. She does the same thing. Get a teether or put wash cloths in the freezer
  • Thank you @Bentleysmommy :) the next step is gunna be the Dr. @proudmomma how long did it take? She's been like this almost a week and shows no signs in her mouth. She doesn't like teethers:( she's also not talking to me like she used to!
  • Try some baby oragel too to numb it and NUK by gerber they have the oral things. They're like tooth brush handles but instead of having bristles, they have different patterns like bumpy that you can rub on her gums. I know they have them a babiesrus.
  • @Bentleysmommy thanks:) I'll try those NUK things. Baby orajel only works a few min...she is a very difficult teether I think!
  • Amirah has been teething for weeks. She started the drooling but she isn't always fussy. Some babies go through a lot of pain. She has no white spots? Bottom gums aren't swollen a tiny? If she is shoving everything in her mouth than its her teeth. Give it time. If you feel uncomfortable about it take her to the dr. Amirah jyst chews on her fingers lol
  • @proudmomma nope no spits or swelling just insane amounts of droop and fuzziness. At night she us especially fussy...she used to go to bed no problem now she cries when we put her to bed and even cries out in her sleep. She chews on her fingers and mine haha. I'm not sure if her not talking as much or paying as much attention to me has anything to do with it?
  • @caiti5 have her ears checked. My son was fussy and I thought he was cutting teeth. He has a ear infection. Baby can't pin point where the pain is coming from.
  • @mystic thank you...I was planning on calling the Dr tomorrow :)
  • I honestly think she's teething
  • Mystic could be right about that too
  • @proudmomma yea I'm sure she's teething ...I heard that teething could affect their hearing because of the swelling. I'm thinking about getting her the ear ache drops from target.
  • I hope she gets better
  • @proudmomma thank you!:) hope your lil one does ok with teething ;)
  • She has been fine till tonight. But I'm going to ask her dr tomorrow what he recommends for the pain
  • @proudmomma let me know what he says please!
  • He said baby orajel.
  • @proudmomma thanks :) doesn't work for Cailey! Hope it works for amirah