Breastfeeding Moms I Need Some Advice

edited September 2011 in Pregnant
This might be a stupid quesion but should I wake my baby to eat? My baby has been asleep for almost the past 4 hrs and its her feeding time. Should I wake her or wait for her to get up on her own?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ashleyfew she is 5 days old.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • When my 3 yr old was born, I was told not to wake a sleeping baby to feed.
  • Personally I would wake her at 4 hours. Depends on the age and baby tho. Mine is 1 month and she eats every 3-4 hours (usually she wakes at 3 but I wake her at 4 if she still snoozin') but she was also a premie and the nurses while she was in NICU got her in that schedule because I guess premies brains don't tell them when there hungary untill they are full term..? (I had no clue about this but that's why they went with 4 hours). Also the one time I just let her sleep, she went 5 hours, was starving, ate to fast, then threw it all up :( Sorry to ramble lol..my point was just that its really up to you, I don't think it will hurt your baby to let them sleep but beware the 'im starving and now have to eat as fast as I can' side effect they might have :) good luck momma!
  • I let my (now almost 3wk old) sleep as long as she wants. The nursery ladies I think got annoyed at me for not waking her to feed her, but she's my daughter & babies know when they are hungry. When she wakes, just makes sure to attend to her quickly. Also, learn her cries, hungry cry is different from the rest, and it will ultimately save you confusion on what she might want, need or be uncomfortable with.
  • I wake mine up maybe every 2 and a half hours to eat
  • I was told not to go over 5 hours but she rarely sleeps that long.