Just a question about c-sections...

edited September 2011 in Pregnant
Is it harder to lose weight when you have a c-section compared to a normal birth?

Comments

• Ftm and haven't had my son yet... Bump!! :)
  • sorry, I havent had a section.
  • I just had a csection in may and I was able to lose all 36 lbs.of.baby weight within 3 months. You just have to.work on it same as u would with a vaginal. Remember it took 9 months to have a baby and your body wont be the totally the same after you have a baby
  • I want to know also, I had one yesterday morning. Bump!
  • Okay well for those mommys who have had a c-section is it easier or harder to lose weight compared to natural birth?
  • I found it harder only because I was not allowed to exercise for 8 weeks... and when the 8 weeks were up my muscles were still sore when doing strenuous activity... but I did gain 60 lbs and p90x was my life saver after waiting a little bit I started that program and lost all 60lb in the 90 days... it sucks but it was worth it! And I didn't have the dreaded " c section " pouch every was warning me about
  • @kayleigh27 so will a simple 30 min workout a day help along with breastfeeding?
  • I had a c section back in 08. I never had a vaginal delivery so nothing to compare too. I guess since your cut open, it may be a little longer before you can start working out, but I don't see why it would be harder. You just have to work at it.
  • edited September 2011
    Yeah that's what I did I started out with zumba and light weights and moved up to planks and running. Granted I did wait til I got cleared by my dr so I didn't work out until almost 8 wks post partum. I started slowly. Starting eating chicken,turkey, and fish. Whole wheat breads, fruit etc. Only had one 'cheat day' a week but its been working. :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @kayleigh27 thank you for your help(: & @2beforgotten you should make a kik again so we can tlk I wanna update you on everything((:
  • I had my c section two weeks ago tomorrow. I gained 36 lbs total throughout my pregnancy and I've lost 25 lbs already. I lost an automatic 11 lbs after birth. I'm excited that I only have 11 more lbs left! :)
  • @kcike812 I hope its that easy for me to lose weight after I have my son nxt month(:
  • I had a c-section on 8/25. As of last Thursday I've lost 25lbs. I'm excited to weigh myself this Friday to see how much more I've lost. I'm exclusive breast feeding only.

Never had a vag birth.
  • @caroline8_p I wish you the best(:
  • Yea I saw it & okay ill check it right now(:
  • Are you having a c section?
  • edited September 2011
    I had a csection with my first. I gained 47 lbs and lost it all in 3 weeks. I exclusively breastfed and just watched my portion sizes. I was too tired to work out and I was too engorged to be doing cardio. I didn't start working out until I stopped breastfeeding at 11 months. I manged to lose an additional 15 lbs in one month. I got pregnant again when she was 12 months old...on her birthday actually ;)
  • I had a c section september 1. & I already lost all my weight and I already have my 6pack back ;) I breastfed and thats it. My son is 2 wks
  • I didnt have any pain also. So I did my house chores and sits ups. It doesnt look like I have a baby unless,u pull my panties down n see,my scar lol
  • @mrs4c idk I think I might have to/:
  • @mrs4c idk I think I might have to/:
  • Oops! Lol srry ^^^
  • @anadoll92 thats great! (: I hope its easy like that for me lol
  • Why do you think you may have to?
  • My bf/bd says ill proubly have to have one because ive never strained in my life so I proubly wont be able to push our son out...