~? FOR MOMMIES WHO HAVE HAD VAGINAL BIRTH AND CSECTION

edited September 2011 in Pregnant
What's worse going through labor and having a baby or recovering from csection? Which was most painful for u??? I'm asking bcuz I'm planning a vbac for next month and would like to kno everyone's opinion, because that csection was really painful to me...

Comments

• I had a vaginal delivery with my 1St and a csection last last Tuesday. My csection was elective bc I also had my tubes tied. The csection to me has been easier then the vaginal delivery. The pain is about the same but no sitz baths or heavy bleeding after. Less then a week postpartum I felt about 90% normal. I still have some slight swelling but I'm driving and carrying less then 20lbs. You can hardly see my incision. When I had my 1St it took me a good 3 weeks to feel slightly normal.
  • Good question here's a bump
  • Vaginal birth was better for me. I had an epidural so it was completely pain free. I was just a little uncomfortable for the few days after. Recovery from the c-section was awful for me.
  • @carrielee csection was horrible 4 me also! And now I'm like ain't no way labor is worse than that!!! Lol and I like to think I got a high tolerance for pain but shhhooooootttt that recovery was brutal!

@mamajolene thanks hun!

@xxallyxx I'm glad ur recovery was a breeze! And thanks for ur input!
  • I had a natural birth no meds w/ my first and a csec with my second. The c section was WAY worse for me.
  • I just delivered my son 9/2 by csection. After a week I was already off of all pain meds. One thing my hospital gave me was a belly binder. Made a huge difference. I have some friends & family that delivered recently that didn't get one & their recovery so much longer. Good luck with your decision.
  • Wow so many women have had bad experiences with csections. Almost everyone I know had a bad recovery. I guess I'm just weird lol. Good luck to you and I hope a speedy recovery :)
  • I am doing a VBAC mainly because 1. I want the experience of labor 2. My c-section was hard mentally on me and 3. I have to much stuff going on to be tied down with an adominal cut. But if I end up not being able to actually deliver Im ok with that too. I just want the chance to try.
  • @babyclayton2011 I hear you there! I got a belly binder, too... 3 weeks pp and I'm already taking stairs with baby carrier and laundry baskets like a champ! lol
  • pain for my was horrible after they broke my water!! i ask for an epi an hour later
  • I defntly reccomend vbac! I jus had my 2nd vbac an the pain isn't nearly as bad as recovering from a csection
  • edited September 2011
    C section recovery is very painful. I wouldn't know about vaginal because this is my first baby, but the c section(recovery) is Hell.
  • Bump , good question .
  • I preferred the vag to be honest..2 weeks out from my c now and I'm still hurtin AND bleeding! :/ (I didn't have a choice tho cuz my baby was so big)
  • I went through 16 hours of labor to end up with a csection with my 1st so csection is all I know other than labor being painful so heres a bump for u
  • @everyone thanks for asking! My first 2 weeks of recovery from c/s was hell! Ugh! I soooo pray that I can a vaginal birth.. but my Dr said I have to go into labor on my own cuz inducing increases unterine rupture risks... is this true?