Having my baby. Only 2 days late.*update* sep.13 8:30am

edited September 2011 in Labor
I cannot believe it. My water broke and I am headed to the hospital. I was set to be induced tomorrow and really wanted it to happen on its own. In the last few weeks I have tried the exercise ball, sex, squats, walking, stairs. Pretty much everything, but the Primrose oil and Castor oil. Nothing worked. Although we were hoping she would come on her due date I could not be happier. Yay, I am going to be a Mommy.

Comments

• Congratulations! Keep us update:)
  • Yay good luck, hope its quick and easy for you!
  • YAY! \:D/ Congrats!! And best wishes for an amazing labor & delivery!
  • Awwww good luck hun!
  • Same happened to me lol only they cancelled my induction for another 3days and labour started after they called to tell me they were cancelling it!!!
  • Aw congrats. I had been taking the primrose oil.
  • So glad your patience paid off! :-)
  • @mummy_to_be that is very ironic. How funny. I am glad things happened on their own. @everyone I am doing good so far. I have been having contractions on my own, but they decided to give me Pitocin to jumpstart it a little more, but they may stop it since I am progressing so well. I am 3 cm and 100% effaced and at -1. My baby girl is very very active. She should definitely be here today. That is all the news for now. Will update again later as long as I feel okay. I am trying to hold off on having the epidural for as long as possible.
  • Congrats hun!!!!
  • Good luck.
  • Aww congrats! I hope the same happens to me :-/ I'm due next Sun, but am setting an induction date the following Sun after that. Keep us updated! I'm so jello!
  • Awwwww congrats
  • @everyone I am doing well. My baby girl arrived this morning September 13 at 4:02 am. She weighed 7 lbs and was 19 inches long. Her name is Emeline Georgia. Pronounced just like it is spelled. It was a long journey. I arrived at the hospital around 6-6:30 am September 12. I was making pretty good progress, but my blood pressure was high and would not go down, so the doctor ran some tests. I had preeclampsia or PIH, which is placenta induced hypertension. The baby's placenta was causing me to have high blood pressure. I also had a low platelet count, so I was not able to get the epidural. Due to the blood pressure medicine, I stopped progressing as fast, so I did not reach 10 cm until around 11 pm and the medicine also made it nearly impossible to push because I was unable to completely feel what was going on, so it took about 3 hours. I ended up having her naturally though. I had to have an Episiotomy because it was a tight squeeze, but baby, Husband and I are all doing great. Thank you for the congratulatory wishes. Time to try and get more rest and spend time with my beautiful baby girl.
  • Yay well done mummy!
  • Congrats! I love her name!
  • Congrats mama!!!!
  • Awesome! Congrats!
  • Wow congrats :)