How many kids do you have/want?

Comments

• @littlefae that's how I am too. Second oldest of 8 and since I was 7 my older sister and I have been the parents. (Mostly due to our drug addicted parents). Although we never competed for attentions, Its hard not having a childhood. And I wouldn't want my kids to have to sacrifice being a kid like I did. So only 2or 3 for me!
  • I'm due with baby #4 10/31. This is our last...we have 12 & 10 year old daughters, Can year old son, and another son on the way...so its evened out!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I have always wanted 1 but when I remarried my husband wanted more now I have my second girl 4 months and I think I want 2 more kids :)
  • Omg are you ladies out of your mind!? Wanting 4,5,6 + kids!? Not only to you have to support them all financially but emotionally & physically too. There's school supplies & class trips, school pictures, breakfast & lunch & after school care & clothes for all of them and all this costs money. there's birthdays & holidays you have to be concerned with & vacations. Then there's college & weddings you have to think about. Kids are expensive & even though everyone loves babies cause they're so cute- you need to think about if the baby has health problems or colicy. How are you going to handle these situations thrown at you? I'm not saying not to have a nice sized family but please consider all the factors involved before you try to become a baby factory. Fyi kids like individual attention too & if they're having to compete with a group of siblings then they may resent that later in life! Just cause I know you're wondering I have 2 sons 12 & 14 next month & I'm having a girl 11-11-11. Limit is maxed out! I almost think 3 is too many but with the age gap I know I'll be able to provide adequate attention to all of them. Good luck!
  • @melodya I don't see a problem with people having 20 kids IF they can afford it.
    (Correct me if I'm wrong, but) I understand that your don't feel like you can,or would want to stress it..but they aren't you. So ya can't bash them for wanting more than 1 kid..
  • @melodya - while I do agree with the attention part, I found your comment about the money situation rude. My parents were never on welfare or needed state assistance, my dad continues to work and support all 7 of us just fine. And I'm not saying needing those assistance is a bad thing some people fall on hard times and need the help.
    Also, even though my large family wasn't the best I have known a couple where the parents were able to give their children the attention they needed and craved, mine could not and I don't want to make that mistake and feel that I can only successfully do so with 2 to 3 children.

And if someone wants a large family let them, it's their choice. Calling them baby making machines was pretty rude.

It's nice that you know your limit and your limit is 2 1/2 (since you say you think three is almost to many) but maybe someone elses limit is 12? You don't know someone's life and what they are capable of just off of your own capability.
  • @melodya Well I'm sure that people that either have 3+ kids or want 3+ kids understand this. We don't want to just pop out a bunch of kids and not be able to support them in every way. I want my kids to grow up having but not "over" having. As in they don't need every new game system. There are many things that children should be taught. Each person is different. I personally don't want just one or 2. I grew up with having 1 brother, and 3 step siblings living just in our home. But we lived on 5 acres of land along with 3 other households. I grew up very close to all of my cousins as if they were siblings. I want my kids to be able to experience the fun of having siblings to be there for each other. I also know that they will need individual time. I want my kids to have the best possible life in every way that I can provide. But like I said that doesn't mean I want to buy them everything. I want them to know responsibility among other things.

Wow I'm tired. I'm rambling lol. My bad, just wanted to try and get my opinion across clearly...although idk if it was successful with all the rambling -_-
  • Each to your own I just know and obdviously this is my opinion but when I see a lady walking her litter of kids to school its almost disgusting to me. There is always birth control & from what I've seen the state should give our licenses to have children regardless if they're u.s. citizens or not. It might offend people but I've seen quite a bit of mexico natives come over to the u.s & pop out hella kids all the while collecting welfare food stamps & free medical & saying the father isn't in the home and not even be a citizen of our country. Perhaps this post is in the wrong topic. Be offended it doesn't bother me after all it only an opinion! If you want to have tons of kids go for it as long as you can afford it & give them the attention they deserve & need!
  • For the record I'm also against just having 1 kid! 2 to 3 but 2 is a good even number. Ok I've offended enough people I know & I'm sorry for that. Please don't let my rants cause you high blood pressure today! Enjoy your day!
  • @melodya

No offense, but your last statement was quite ignorant.
    Illegal aliens cannot receive welfare, foodstamps, etc. Without legal documentation that they are allowed to be here via citizenship or visas And FYI the majority race on welfare, housing, foodstamps, etc, are white.
    Just sayin(:
  • @Littlefae - yikes, that sounds like a horrible way to grow up. I don't feel so guilty for my kids now...lol. A few more chores than "normal" is one thing, but completely running the house hold is another. I guess a positive is you were prepared for adulthood. I was spoiled & my parents pretty much never taught me anything so I really struggled when I was first on my own. And @rckprincess2 - thank you, I definitely see everyone of my children as precious gifts from God. My husband works his butt off to provide for us lol, were not rich, but our needs are met & we're happy. And @melodya - that is a very general statement & can't apply to all large families. I would say my kids are more emotionally & physically supported than many kids in small families. Not a fair assessment imo.
  • edited September 2011
    I respect your opinion @melodya but I posted this to see how many kids people have/want. Not what opinions are on how kids are the right amount. Yes it may offend people what you have said but it is your opinion. We would like to discuss our opinions freely without the creation of arguments or drama as well on the amount of children we want/have and to not have it be assumed that we are creating a bad environment for our families.
  • And No, I wasn't being rude. Just trying to educate you, due to your apparent lack of knolegde on that subject.
  • I have 2 and want at least 4
  • I currently have a 2 1/2 year old boy and am brewing a little girl who's due oct 8th. I get the question if I'm gonna have any more all the time. My answer is not if I can help it. For me, two is enough. Plus we have 3 dogs so my house hold is at it's max capacity for live beings. Anybody want a dog?? just kidding. I love all my babies, two and 4 legged ;-)
  • @cupcake22 I had my daughter 9-3 and I guess my dr like forgot the whole thing lol. I went in yesterday for my check up and he was like did you get your tubes tied. I was like uh they better not be lol. You saying your getting yours done reminded me lol.
  • Saying no offense is just a way for people to make themselves feel better about trying to be rude themselves! But no offense taken. In my neighborhood all I see are imigrants that literally have litters (&yeah I know that's rude but its the truth). They don't speak a lick of english, drive super nice cars & have a trail of kids and I mean trail- just yesterday I saw a lady with 11 kids with her& they all looked alike so you know they were siblings. Then at the grocery store I'll see basket fuls of food half of it junk then they pull out their state issued ebt card & yep tax payers are paying for all that food. Sometimes it just doesn't seem fair but whatever this post has ventured off too much from how many kids you want & has made me just vent on the illegls/imigrants tha are making our country worse (yeah I know that was a rude statement too- worse by overpopulating!!) So I'll stop now!
  • @Rckprincess2 I apologize for ranting on your post- I got side tracked apparently. Just love your kidspeople & support them yourself!
  • @melodya maybe that's how you make yourself feel better? Idk but I actually meant no offense lol your opinion is your opinion. I was just trying to educate you(: I'm sorry you feel that way though. Have a good day(:
  • @wilsomom thats how I want my family to be. I will also be homeschooling my kids. I have babys because I love them. In a world like this I would like to raise good people to make it a better place. I dont think of money, and I am by no means rich.
  • Only two. After little girl comes I'm going back on implanton and sticking to it till menopause lol.
  • I have 3 boys and prego with my 4th boy I want a girl but dont know if I will try again
  • I'm having my third and I only want one!! Haha
  • I agree with you @Beautiful_Altar. I'd want to create good people to help make the world a better place and wilsomom's family sounds like a fine family to be raised in.
  • 8? lol i would want 8 if i had the money! haha
    i already have 2..pregnant with my third. i want at least 4. maybe even 5 ;)
  • @melodya Perhaps you're on the wrong forum. seems as though you need to find the one for anglo american's venting against mexicans. I work in a grocery store and I know what you're speaking of in terms of people in general taking advantage of food stamps or only buying minimally (if at all nutritious) food on taxed wages, however perhaps you choose to see this all with blinders on filtering out all other nationalities. And to say all the kids look a like so they must all be brothers and sisters is short sighted. I know for a fact (because I am Mexican) that culturally mexicans tend to be close knit families and look after eachother and eachother's children all the time. There is no yours or mine, but simply ours. maybe you could stop being so concerned with others and focus more on your own. don't forget you'll never know what a person's situation is till you are that person.
  • We have 5, and I'm done! The shop is closed! My mini-van is now full and I feel like Michelle Duggar sometimes, lol!!
  • edited September 2011
    @melodya- You need to do some research before you open your dam mouth, "Mexicans" aren't the only illegals in "your" country. I just hate ignorant people.