taking newborn out?

edited September 2011 in Pregnant
How long did you wait or should u wait to take a newborn out? We go to a outdoor festival every year in Oct. And my newborn will only be 6 days old when they are having it this year. Because its Oct it might be alittle chilly out. Do you think its to soon to bring her out?

Comments

• yeah thats to soon being not even a wk without any shots its harder for them to fight colds
  • If they get sick before 2 months it's an automatic hospital visit and spinal tap. its initially your call. I would wait....
  • well do you plan on bf.. if so you and your lil one should be fine.. not only that .. just keep him or her covered and dont allow alot of messsing from others.. your the mother and only you can decide if its too soon.. are you being induced or csec how do you know she will be 6days old??
  • As long as u have her layered depending on weather she will be fine.. Just Remember you might feel Hot, but bby that size are adjusting to outside wombs temps so always carry blankets and extra weather clothes... Bby sleeps most of the time... If outside.... make sure you have her protected from direct sun and mosquitos!!
  • Its not too soon! There are no "rules" on when a newborn can be outside. I took mine on the (dirty) bus & subway for dr visit & grocery shopping. Her pediatrician said 3+ hours a week outside is good, gives baby needed vitamin D, naturally!
  • @lae3 I'm getting a schedule csection.

Thank you for everyones opinions
  • Had my son out shopping in 5 days when he was born in 2001. This baby will be 8 days old on her first outing to that same brother's football game. :) Keepping them covered, dressed appropriately and people's hands off them and they are fine. But that's just my opinion :) Of course after 4 kids I am way less paranoid about things...except germs. Kind of a phobic about them :) Your momma-you decide :)
  • I've had all my kids out the day they came home. The first 2 were winter babies & the last was a summer baby. All my kids got their first shot before they left the hospital. & I've never heard of doing a spinal on a sick newborn. My oldest was sick when she was 10 days old but it was due to her formula & it caused her chest to swell up & they never said anything about a spinal.

• I just did some research on the spinal tap & it's only done after other tests have come back positive.
  • We went to a pizza buffet on the way home with the toddler
  • My pediatritian automatically orders a spinal tap maybe its just doctors preference