Babys breathing

edited September 2011 in Babies
Is it normal that newborns breathe heavy sometimes?

Comments

• Idk I'm a ftm so bump!
  • Yea mine always do!
  • Ok. I was getting really concerned @preggomommyof4
  • Yes, very normal!
  • Yes, its usually happens when my son is very tired.
  • How old is your baby? If you feel uncomfortable, take your baby to be checked....i tell everyone this after I almost lost my baby ..he started breathing heavy one night (5 days old) so I took him to th ER and found out if I had been 2 hours later, he would have been gone. He had a congenital heart defect "coarchtation ok the aorta" and had to be rushed 2 hours away to have surgery.....he is healthy as can be now...but I want people to be aware...because I had no idea. Its better to be told your baby is fine!
  • edited September 2011
    About 3 days old. There's nothing wrong with her heart. I've been told its really healthy. Did u go to your pediatrician or to the hospital? @Mommaof4boys
  • I just like to put it out there and let people know because I was told my baby was healthy as can be during ultrasounds...he was born a healthy 8lbs 12oz
    ..we were totally shocked when we found out exactly what was wrong....I just like people to know and be aware.....I took him to the hospital because it was the middle of the night when he started doing it.....I'm sure your baby is fine...I just like EVERYONE to know. Because I was terrified....and I'm nervous everytime I have a baby now.
  • Hmmm.... how did they finds that out? @Mommaof4boys
  • as long as .. when your baby is breathing.. there chest doesnt get concaved or a deep depression.. same thing.. lol.. and theres no weezing or anything
  • edited September 2011
    Ok. Thanks. I don't think there's are any wheezing. Just deep heavy breaths (not all the time) @lae3
  • Mine had retractive breathing..caved in while breathing and mine did it all the time...they knew by his breathing what was wrong...did an echocardiogram to confirm. Btw congrats on your baby :)
  • Thank you very much :D...hmmm...I don't know what it is.it doesn't happen often. @Mommaof4boys
  • my daughter is 2days old she breathes heavy but if u touch her she slow down to normal...ii remember my belly doing that while ii was preg I'm concerned about this we left the hospital today they said everything was great & normal
  • Mine does when she sleeps sometimes.