Pregnant??? AGAIN!

edited September 2011 in Pregnant
So my bf is wanting to have another baby, he keeps hinting at it ... I dont know if we should. I just started a new job and his job is real flexible... We are staying with his gma since she is in remission from lung cancer so we keep an eye on her and saving some money up for a new place, is it a good time in our lives to try again?? My lil boy is now 4 months old

Comments

• Don't do it!!! :O years ago, when my 5 year old was 6 months, his dad started talking that same nonsense and I told him oh hell no, you want to have two babies in diapers?! Are you trying to make me have an aneurism?! Lol.

Really though, its up to you. That was just my opinion and story...I'm glad I followed thru with it cuz I couldn't do it!!
  • Your right! I should wait until hes at least 1... Ugh cant believe im even contemplating it @bke913
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Id wait. Its way stressful my mom had me then 4 months later got pregnant with my brother said it was one of the hardest things and she never got to have one on one time with me as I was starting to walk and talk she had a newborn to tend to. Enjoy the time with your little one then think about it lol. And plus you even mentioned finances think about the costs of getting double of everything you go through now.
  • I just wanted to give u another outlook.. but my boys are 14 months apart and they are each others best friends, me and my husband were torn between having another one after my eldest son was born but we wanted him to grow up with someone, so we got pregnant and yea there's twice as many diapers and its hard, but it also have a lot of benefits too.. Good Luck with what ever u decide..
  • Thank you ladies! I havent decided anything yet but its prob a no go for now ha ha
  • My husband and I talk about this a lot . Our son is about to be six months old, and we have decided to wait until he is older. If it happens before we want it to, then its meant to be.
  • I feel the same way, but then im like hes a handful already lol imagine another baby lol. I give props to people who have 2 or more kids born at once! Idk how they do it.
  • My husband and I decided that we were going to start trying 6 months after this one is born. I want to loose this baby weight firet before piling on more. I am the oldest of 7 and my brother that is closest to me in age is like my best friend..and that is what we want for ours. Sure it will be a little stressful..but thats ok I think we can handle it.
  • It would be hard with twins. On the upside you wouldn't have to throw 2 birthday parties. Lol
  • I heard that your "supposed" to breastfeed for at least a year. And you can't be pregnant and breastfeed at the same time. So you need to give yourself at least a year of not being pregnant. I would wait but its up to you. Good luck!! :)

(I'm not saying any one should or shouldn't breastfeed, and if women didn't wait between kids that's there choice and I'm not saying there wrong.)
  • I'm having the same dilemma! My partner is wanting us to have another baby, our daughter is coming up to 6 months old and we already have a 4 year old son. I wouldn't mind another baby but I like the idea of having plenty of time with one child before another one arrives and I don't want tonnes of nappies to change! But on the other hand, me and my old sister are only 11 months apart and we were always really close and never fought for attention! So it's a hard dilemma but it wouldn't hurt to maybe to spend a few months talking and thinking then decide!
  • well...my first two are 21 months apart. almost 2 years and i had a hard time. i was really young too but it was worth it. they are soo close, they always have eachother. i stayed on birth control for 6 years till i thought i was ready to have another one..lol thats how hard it was for me. and now i'm pregnant with baby number three.. me n my bf are thinking about getting pregnant again so this baby has someone to grow up with too.
  • It seems so appealing sometimes and then he cries and gets fussy and wont sleep, then i change my mind
  • @SheridanLM1991 @myHEARTZx3 @babynumber02 @Misty2011 @Samantha @ashley_smashley @hsweetie21

I think we are going to try in like 4 months or so, hope to get things straightened out and organized first! I want to try but I had such a AWFUL pregnancy its going to be hard for me to overlook that@ I felt a lil sick the other day and it all came flooding back... we are going to be careful (as in Im tracking my cycle and not letting anything happen on the "good" days) but other then that if it happens it happens! Thank you for all the advice!! :D
  • I would at least time it to where you are employed for a year... Just so you have been employed long enough to qualify for FMLA (assuming your employer meets the criteria).

Good luck!
  • @txmoorekat ... so right! :) they actually offer temp disability that covers pregnancy and postpardom! which i qualify for after 3 months.... which i hope NOTHING happens before then! I would love Jaxson to be at least 1 before we got pregnant again
  • My bf said he wants to try right after this one. I told him he can borrow my uterus and try. I need recovery time Haha. But I think a year is a good age difference.
  • I couldn't cope having kids so close together... The pregnancy and morning sickness alone was hard enough to deal with, this time I have my son who is a,little over 2 and I barely managed let alone if he was younger and 'needed' more from me.
  • @maymommy11 my 2 older daughters have 22 months btw them I got pregnant exactly 1 yr and a month after my 1st, which is nice gave me time w her and time to heal my body. W my 2nd and 3rd there is 33 month =s. And there will be 33 months btw 3 and 4 as well. Gl mommy just remember that u do need time to heal especially if u had a rough time.
  • I couldn't imagine going through morning sickness with an infant. Or having a belly and a baby trying to cuddle with me lol.
    Do what you want :) I know the temptation is there with us all but just think about it for a bit. Has he started teething?
  • I have 3years 9months between oldest 2 very hard 2 years between middle 2 then 22 bit months between last 2 bub no4 suprise its not hard 2 years only the extra nappies I find the additude from 7 year old worse than 4 n 2 year olds the younger they are the quicker they get over it