Being induced Wed. Any advice?

edited September 2011 in Pregnant
This is my first successful pregnancy and due to complications (Gestational Diabetes, Pregnancy Induced Hypertension) I'm being induced on Wed. night! I'm nervous because I don't really know what to expect. Anyone out there willing to share their induction stories or to give me a little advice? I'm very excited that sometime Wed. or Thur. i'll get to see my little boy!! But i'm still nervous so advice and comments would be appreciated greatly! =)

Comments

• I was induced, had to ask for the epidural after 2hrs in..those pitocin induced contractions were no joke!! Are u planning natural? it's not always a bad experience being induced, for me the pushing for 4hrs was intense but with my epi I managed ok..good luck doll, you will be fine!!
  • I was induced and I had a great labor and delivery. They did cervidil for me first. I had crazy contractions 20 mins after they put it in. they leave it in for 12 hours. Then they start potocin. By then I was dying for my epidural. I got one n 6 hours later after potocin I was dying to push! I pushed her out in 15 mins wen dr thaught id be pushing for 2 hour..she was face up and got stuck. I ripped pretty bad. I actually had them turn my epidural down after I slept so I could move my legs and I could feel her move again. Thats why I feel I got her out to fast was cuz I could feel everything but it still didnt hurt. And I could feel every contraction. I knew wen I needed to push. So if u get one turn it down! Makes a huge difference.
  • Thanks guy! and @jaime77 i'm going in open minded i'm going to try to go natural for as long as possible but if i feel i need the epidural i'm going to ask for it =) and @babymamma18 i heard my doctor mention to a nurse he might use cervidil on me what is cervidil exactly and how is it administered?
  • Good luck!
  • Cut back on the junk food! If you take pain meds after you deliver they back you up fast. I found by changing my diet the last week it made my first BM much easier & it didn't take as long. I was induced for all 3 of my pregnancies so I wish I had that advice the first time lol.
  • @starkrayzie haha thanks and I do appreciate that advice!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My cousin is a L&D nurse & she told me before I had my son. People give so much advice about so much but not many talk about the things that happen after delivery. Ask your doctor if it's ok for you to take a stool softener now because that will aslo help.