Today or Tomorrow! :-) *UPDATE*

edited September 2011 in Labor
So I started getting contractions sporadically Tues night (9/14) all through Wed (9/15). Didn't think much about it since I've had contractions every other day/week for the past month. Then on Wed I started noticing a pattern. Contractions every 30 min. Then every 20. Then every 15 and 10. I didn't think anything would happen soon til I headed for bed by midnight. Then my contractions got up to every 5-7 min! I kept stalling for hours on calling the doc bc my water hasn't broke & last I checked I was only 0.5 cm dilated. So they monitored the baby's heartbeat & my contractions & were going to send me home; but then the docs kept checking me and I went from 0.5 cm to 2 cm in an hour! The doc said I'm totally staying & in active labor now! I told them let me have a little time to settle before they give me a low dose of Pitocin & they were OK with it :-) Sooo looks like I'll be having my son today or tomorrow! :-) And I was all bummed I'm gonna go past my DD! I'm due in 3 days, woohoo! Thank u ladies for labor dust I've asked for. And for everyone else, don't lose hope. You'll get yours too! Mine was unexpected!

*UPDATE*
Jude Christopher Ruiz Gomez was born on September 16th at 12:01am weighing 7.1lbs and measuring at 19in :-D I'll update the labor & delivery story later. I'm sooo happy to finally have my little man in my arms!!!

Comments