I know there are a million and 5 posts about contractions & whatnot but...

edited September 2011 in Third Trimester
I cut my finger pretty deep about an hout & a half ago & lost a lot of blood & was very sore ....it seems like the stress of me cutting my finger has been causing me to have a lot of bh way more then normal close together...my questiin is how long are bh supposed to last I had a few that seemed to last about a minute...is that normal & do bh help you dialate & progress at all? im only 35 weeks so I want her to stay in for a bit longer.. so is getting a lot of bh bad? I didnt count how much or timed them or anything but im still getting some pretty frequent & my back is kinda starting to hurt..

Comments

• From what I've heard, bh shouldn't be consistent. They should randomly come and go and should get less intense or stop when you lay on your left side.
  • Bh are very common. They can trick you into thinking its the real thing. Real contractions get stronger and stronger to the point you don't care if u die. I used to get bad bh. Just lay down and relax if they don't go away go into l&d. Bh don't always help progress. You can also be dilated and stay at the cm till you go into labor. Try not to worry k momma
  • You can get cramps from stress too which maybe you were a bit from the cut? I had a car crash a few weeks ago and got bad cramps thinkin i was in labour but was just me freaking out causing them! Maybe keep track from now and call if they get regular?
  • Real contractions get more nd more intense, am 35+4 wks and get a lot of bh but trust me u will kno the difference.
  • they arent sore so I know they cant be tge real thing but how long cab bh last? its kinda annoying me now ... I think the pain stressed me out causing the bh
    @three_cats_n_a_baby @proudmomma @sexysecondtimemom
  • Bh can last up to 45 sec mayb a min but no more than that. Try to relax and take deep breaths, lie on ur side, mite help.
  • @sexysecondtimemom thanks this pregnancy stuff is confusing lol I just wanted to make sure
  • Are bh meant to hurt? Since 7 this evening iv had pressure and put it down to bh but they are sore. Im only 32wk1day. Sorry to crash your post @moodymommie
  • Best thing to do is talk to your dr. They will have info cause every woman is different. But how are you feelinh today?
  • feeling good really just tired