Symphysis pubis dysfunction

edited September 2011 in Health
Does anyone else suffer from this? It is horrible i can't lift my legs very well, can't lay on my side with out being in excruciating pain and walking is still some what difficult:( I am only 5 days post partum but in still in PAIN:(

Comments

• I think I have it too :'( it hurts soo bad putting on pants or even stepping into pants is the worst pain ever :( my pelvic area pops/cracks and I can't move without being in tremendous pain, this sucks! I have a doctors appt on the 27th so Im guna see if I have it for sure :/
  • I'm 37wks an I have it. I have to go to physical therapy for it.
  • There is an actual name for it!?!? Thanks for posting this! I was also wondering how long after birth can I expect it to go away. Seems like it might take a while. :-S
  • I have it too! It is excruciating! I am 40 weeks and can hardly walk now, not been out for 3 weeks and can't sleep for the pain. Was diagnosed too late for physio and can't take codiene so been warm baths and paracetomol which not helping anymore. My due date tomorrow and seeing midwife am hoping she will do membrane sweep. I really feel for you it is horrendous pain!
  • I've had it since 29 weeks, now 40 weeks, had physio and have a support band for it, but after5/10 mins of walking it eases of either that or I'm just use to it now lol i can't get in/out bath, sit up without help or bein in pain and lots of other things!
  • This sounds like me! Gonna ask my ob bout it tomorrow!
  • I have it too! Went to physio once, they gave me a big bad thing to wear from mid thigh to above my bump but it makes bones crushed and mega hurts! @samiuk whats you support like mine is just like tubigrip? I feel like i want a bath but my tub too small to boether with unless i have to, off work today and prob tommorow cos it hurts so bad and all night i am in agony, it sucks! glad im not the only one but wish there was some better treatment, paracetamol does nothing! Have physio again tommorow so i will ket you know if they have any suggestions! Really was hoping it would dissapear after birth though :(
  • oh no!!! it hurts even more after pregnancy? idk if i have it but i think i do cause my bones down there are ridiculously hurting all the time but ugh im not too excited for it after the pregnancy
  • Does anyone know if it makes birth easier? I for one am most comfortable with my legs open sat or propped up but i know some ladies get the pain when they try opening legs. I just wondered cos i am potentially having a bigger baby if it lessens the chances of shoulders getting stuck etc?
  • I just looked this up. Soooo telling my doc about this! I thought it was just normal & couldn't do much about it. I've been crying climbing stairs, moving my left leg, and standing to shower. Tylenol didn't work, neither did hot showers or massage. This makes sense.
  • @Pinkigirl i think its pretty common like 1 in 5 women or something to some extent?? yes i dread the stairs, wish we had a downstairs toilet! lol
  • @three_cats _n _a_ baby its kinda like a back brace thingy I'll post a pic when i get home its got like metal bits in back to lift more weight up, also when i went she gave me a booklet that had a list of positions for sleeping and birthing and stuff, try stay has up right has possible or on all fours and water births help loads to! yeah can still have problems after birth and is also a factor for post-natal depression has some women can resent baby for how much pain they've caused
  • I have it and had it with my last 3 pregnancies and its no fun. It took a while to go away after my son it was so severe. But after my daughter I was walking like a champ 2 days after.
  • I have couple friends who had it too and one it went straight away after birth, the other about 2 weeks. Regarding birth they say shouldn't make worse but in certain positions better - basically not laying on back. Best up and moving or water birth was recommended for me.
  • @three_cats_n_a_baby image

that's support belt they gave me it works but if i put it on now it pops of cos bump to big that was at 29 weeks lol
  • Thanks for that it looks much better than mine, mine is just that stretchy stuff they put on sprained wrists etc but huge to cover me like a wiggle skirt! Rubbish hope they do summit tomorrow x