Birth Control???

edited September 2011 in Pregnant
Again Im using my hubbys account because I havent asked for my password from mama_Kat.

Im due Nov 20th and have been thinking about what we are going to do for bc...I will be breast feeding but I know that its not enough. At first i told hubby no bc just condoms but he hates that idea and i understand that. I was on bc once before when I was in high school and hated it! I just didnt like the way it made me feel. Bottom line whats the best birth control with very few side affects and is effective???? Is there onlt certain bc for bf mommies? Any help would be awesome!! :)

Comments

• Sry can't help you. My first son is a bc baby. Thought of naming him nuvaring! This one is a "lets not stop it". we're not sure what to do for bc after. I was on pills b4 & was always sick & gained lots of weight!
  • Thats what Im afraid of is gaining weight!
  • Ortho Tri Cyclen always worked for me..until I stopped taking it! I was on it since I was 16. I'm planning to breastfeed so the pill is a no go so I'm pretty sure I'm getting Implanon.
  • Whats Implanon?
  • Loestrin 24 worked for me... no side effects... it's pills
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • You can be on Depo while bfing. You might hear negative stuff on it but I have never had an issue. I got my shot 2 weeks pp and I stopped bleeding next day! Only once every three months do no remembering and it never gave me any side effects at all and no periods which is great Lol
  • Ive heard you gain alot of weight on the shot! Plus I really dislike needles lol I dont know if i could insert anything inside me either lol I have no idea what we are going to do...im guessing we may have to just stick with condoms!!
  • @sn2bdaddy I've never actually personally known someone whose gained weight, I was really small so I was hoping it would make me gain but it didn't. Its a really easy shot and doesn't really hurt. I don't like needless but I promise no matter how you give birth to your baby a little shot after that will be like nothing Lol
  • @AKmommy lol thats true!!
  • The shot made me gain weight. I think I'm.gonna do the pill again. Only reason I stopped was bc I kept forgetting to take it but they have special ones for bf moms which was what I got