little more than 1cm

edited September 2011 in Third Trimester
Had my weekly doctors appointment yesterday and he told be I am dilated a little more than 1 cm which made me happy, but he also told me that it doesn't mean I'll go into labor any sooner :( I am 37 +6 and soooo over being pregnant the swelling in my feet and hand has gotten worse, I can't sleep at night, and did I mention I'm over it?!
Anyone else 37 + dilated as well????

Comments

• I was like that for over a month now I'm two dilated and three days past my due date:(
  • @firsttimemom that does not make me feel better! Lol :(
  • im 37 weeks and ive been dilated 2 cm since about 28 weeks! im hoping ill be more next week when i get checked then i get to plan my induction yayy! good luck mama labor dust to you!
  • Wow I was so excited I was dilated now I just feel like a late bird ! Lol. Labor dust to you both!
  • lol i was like that with my first too girl i understand its exciting to hear your dilating! i wish u all the luck in the world and a healthy fast labor!
  • I was dilated a fingertip and soft at 36 weeks. I have an appointment tomorrow so I'm hoping I've made good progress 37+4 today.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @landynplus1momma aww I wish you the same! I'm going walking right now lol
  • Thank u! U as well hope we have our little ones soon
  • 38 and 5 100% effaced and 2 cms...had my membranes swept last Friday. Still no action! I'm going crazy!!!!!!!!
  • @barb4209 what does that mean to have your membranes swept??? And why do they do it?
  • I was 1cm at my 36 (at 36+2) week appointment then 2cms Thursday at 37+2 now I'm 38 weeks today and have an appointment Thursday hopefully I have her before then or am in labor or atleast have progress but either ways she'll be here in a week or less cause they're setting my induction date when I go Thursday if she's not here. And they said it would be around the 26th but I'm gonna try to convince them to do it after my appointment Thursday so I won't have to make the 2 hour drive again lol
  • 37 wks last time @ 35+4 I was 2cm but not effaced and yesterday the doctor didn't check:(! Soooo I have no idea now
  • I've been 1.5 to 2cm since 36 weeks. I'm now 40+5 wks and been walking like crazy. My doc wants to induce tomorrow night & I don't want to ! :/
  • @marie7s A membrane sweep is when the dr kind of pulls the amniotic sack away from the cervix. It releases a hormone that can help naturally induce labor. Didn't work for me this time!!
  • @barb4209 Thanks ! I was so confused because I alway read that on here but I never knew what it meant lol ..does the doctor do this upon request or when they feel its the right time???