Birthing ball..

edited September 2011 in Third Trimester
I went to pick up a yoga ball intended to use as a birthing ball from my gramma. She had me sit on it to make sure theres enough air and instantly its just so comfortable.im not trying to induce labor as I am only 35 wks. When is a good time to start using it for comfort pain relief & then LATER a self induction method?

Comments

• 37weeks at least
  • @jess510 is that for self induction or pain relief in lower back also?
  • self induction not sure about pain relief
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • They are heaven!! Get on it straight away for comfort! I've been sitting on mine for months! I started "using" it for good position for baby from 37 weeks and pain relief from spd. I don't know what I would do without it. Am now 40 weeks and sat on it in early labour as I write this! X
  • It can be used for both. When I was in my second trimester, my doctor actually recommended that I get one and sit on it, to help with the back pain I was having then. It relieves the back pain, so if you have back pain go ahead and sit on it now. And don't worry about people saying you're going to induce labor...you're just sitting on the ball...lol. Because honestly, I started bouncing on it at 36 weeks (was actually 38 weeks come to find out later) and I didn't go into labor until 40+2 weeks. So its not going to instantly send you into labor, your body will go into labor when its ready.
  • @ashleyfew thank u. Shes been head down and in my pelvis for a while now. Is there certain things I should avoid on the ball?
    @cait_septembermommy ive been at risk for preterm labor since 24 wks so I dont want to do anything to encourage it. I get irregular contractions every day and im desparate for some relief :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.