Have any of you traveled at 37 weeks?

edited September 2011 in Pregnant
Hey ladies. Just wondering if any of you have gone on a short trip at full term...
My bf has a work meeting in Atlanta tomorrow, which is about 2 hours away from where we live. He is leaving tonight and staying in a hotel and returning tomorrow evening. He asked if I could go so he could take me out to dinner in the city at my fav place but I told him I'd have to get the ok from my doctor of course. I have friends there that I'd like to see, maybe have lunch with them or something. I haven't been having contractions and I was only a fingertip at my appointment last week so I'm hoping she gives me the ok.

Comments

• Other than being uncomfortable I don't think it will be a problem. I traveled at 36 weeks on a plane from Louisiana to California so I could have my daughter in California. Good luck....and enjoy your trip.
  • I didn't do much at all after 37wks. But 2hrs away doesn't seem like much, I think it'll b ok. But do assk ur dr
  • Thanks ladies. I was worried people would think I was crazy for wanting to go lol
  • Lol I'm goin on a trip for 3 days to an island about 3 hours away. and i'll be in 38th week. And I'm already dilated 3cm lol ima rebel :p
  • I've not traveled by plane, but I drive almost 2 hours every week to see my doctor. Plus the 2 hours back. And im 38 weeks today
  • I'm 36 weeks and don't love even going to the store a few miles away (bowling ball on my lower insides), but if you feel OK then definitely go and have a mini babymoon before delivery! :-) Have fun!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My doctor told me not to go more then an hour away after 36 weeks. But its defiantly up to you.
  • I say go as long as u haven't been having an problems then u should b okay. I might b taking my other 3 children to meet up w grandparents that is 3and 1/2 hr away so they r w someone w hile I deliver
  • edited September 2011
    I went to a town that was 4 hours away and I was ok...the bumps in the road though us what killed me cause my baby kept moving around when I was on a bumpy road but I say go for it