O my god, I will never take castor oil again...

edited September 2011 in Third Trimester
Holy shit, I have officially been on the pot for 10 minutes and i regret it! It took 4 hours to kick in, I thought it wasn't going to work. hubby says he's getting a hotel room for the night :/ lol but I have had some great contractions. How long will this last? Can I safely shower or should I just wait? Sorry for the tmi...

Comments

• Just be careful in the shower and don't make it too hot. Your bp is probably lower from losing so much fluid volume so fast, so you can get lightheaded pretty fast in the heat.
  • @Kimberly4411
    My friend was just telling me I should try this!i told her the one thing I know it does forsure is make you poop alot lol...she said her co worker recommended it and it worked for her made her go into labor that night and she got strong contractions from it as well.
  • @Kimberly4411 how much did you take? I took 1 TBSP two nights ago and it didnt do anything till 3 hours later I threw up so the next day i took 2 TBSP and about two hours later i had a bm and the another and another and that was it.. I hope you stop pooping and get labor out of it
  • @mommyrn thank you! Thats great information, thanks for sharing :)

@mumsie26 do it at your own risk... Lol it is not fun, I did 4 tablespoons in orange juice, my advice would be eat some toast before hand and make sure you can be at home for at least 8 to 10 hours
  • @army_wife09 4 tablespoons, it's definetly given me some contractions, but I doubt i'll get much more out of it, I was barely a fingertip dialated this morning at my appointment and I was pretty bummed, so maybe it'll dialate me, idk
  • Make sure you drink plenty of water so you wont get dehydrated
  • @Kimberly4411 well good luck i am 3 cm and 80% and as far as i know it didnt do anything for me i have had contractions tonight but im not sure it's real so im not going in.. I did it with oj too it wasnt so bad and I honestly thought about doing it again..
  • @Kimberly4411
    I'm tempted to try it! I'm going on 41 weeks tmr already! I've heard it works for alot of girls so who knows it will probably help you especially if your getting contractions already. I was barely 1cm dilated on tuesday of this week (2 weeks ago I wasn't dilated at all) how far along are you?
  • Don't do it!! I am in the bathroom again, I am not ok! No joke, I'd rather have the flu for a whole year then go through this again, o my lordy, i'm 37 weeks, I will never do this again, if you do it, start with a small amount and go up!
  • Awh that sounds horrible! :( keep hydrated! Lots of fluids!!
  • @mumsie26 if you try it everything i read about it says 2 tablespoons i wouldnt do more than that to start with.. You can always take more. Good luck!
  • @mylittleblessing you have no idea! And the sad part is hubby doesn't feel sorry for me at all, I guess I did bring it on myself :/ lol
  • @Kimberly4411
    Ohh noooo poor you! Thats why I'm scared of trying it! I heard it's normal though to have it affect you in that way. I hope it goes away soon and you get something out of out.

@Army_wife09
    Thank you for the info,i appreciate it:) if I do decide to I will only start off at 2!
  • @mumsie26 your welcome, i know my butt was hurting from three times so i can imagine how bad kimberly feels :( good luck ley me know if you try it.. And goodluck! :)
  • @Army_wife09
    Aw thats why i'm scared to try!i dont want my booty to hurt lol I will definetly let you know if I do! Thank you:)
  • lol I took a fairly strong laxitive last night, and it failed to make me poop! LOL good luck girl!!