when did ur milk start coming in??

edited September 2011 in Breastfeeding
I am 36w+4d & scheduled for c-section on the 10th. I was wondering when my milk should start to come in. I have had no signs of it at all. My breast have changed & grown through out the pregnancy but that's it. I didn't Breastfeed my 1st born(almost 10yrs ago) so its all new to me. Just curious about when my milk should start to come in?

Comments

• It won't come probably until after the baby is born. You have colostrum now.my milk came in 4 days post partum.
  • With the colostrum should I be able to squeeze my boob/nipple & any come out yet? Lol that sounds stupid but I can't remember from my 1st pregnancy
  • i wasnt able to get anything from my boobs while pregnant. and my milk came in on the 3rd day late that night
  • My milk came in at 4 days postpartum
  • Same as @gsmommy 4 days postpartum.
  • Mine Came In 3 Days Post Partum !
  • 3 Days After Birth
  • I was wondering the same thing cuase I know we are supposed to get colostrum before birth..and I haven't had any signs of leaking boobs yet..most of my friends started leaking colostrum by 5months lol after birth (if you're not leaking already) your clolstrum should come and then the milk a few days later
  • I've had nothing & no signs of nothing but u ladies made me feel better, I'm normal, lol thanks :)
  • I've heard it's totally diff for everyone. I got mine 2 days after my son was born. I had to pretty much keep having him drink (the colostrum) as much as I could. I thought my milk would never come!
  • U all are lucky.. I am 39 weeks and 3days and I have had my milk since I was 20 weeks... everytime I hear a baby cry I start leaking. It sux :(
  • Don't worry! With my first I had no sign of anything, then ended up having an emergency c-section. While I was sat in recovery a midwife came to help me breastfeed. All of a sudden, stuff was coming out! At first its colostrum, then.after 2-4 days it changes to milk!
  • so the colostrum comes when the baby is born?? im confused... for sure ill have something to feed my baby whn he comes out right??
  • so the colostrum comes when the baby is born?? im confused... for sure ill have something to feed my baby whn he comes out right??
  • Had a c section 2 weeks early milk came in on day 3
  • Mine did, literally as soon as I was in recovery I was feeding him! @happiestmommietobe
  • My milk came in 4 days after having my baby
  • So what do u feed baby while your milk hasn't come in? Im considering bf-inf too and am having my c sec on Tues n I also have no signs of anything coming outta my boobs lol
  • Ooooooooo idk I just hope something comes out whn he's out lol I dnt want him to be hungry