Baby spitting up & constantly swallowing something?

edited September 2011 in Health
my three week old is always spittin up her formula?? she eats sooo fast !!!! nd when I lay her down I hear her swallowing sometimes choking on something which I think is formula coming back up that she swallows.?? :( wondering if its the formula or her eating too fast!!?? or do I needa burp her longer? help :(

Comments

• edited September 2011
    change the formula probably. I need to change mine to soy. my first had to use soy it didn't help all the way but helped enough. if u think she is drinking too fast make sure she has a slow nipple. that will help
  • What nipple flow are you using? Also how long after she eats do you lay her down? Walmart has the wedge thing that goes in the crib to keep the baby at about at 25 or 45 degree angle
  • I'm using newborn nip flow ? number 1 or whatever..i thought it was that too @ first.. when I tip tge bottle upside down a drop.comes out right after av other.. && I think thats right? I try not to lay her down right away ..@proudmommy8789
  • @blessed1508 hers is slow sumtimes shell such soo hard that the nip dents in!!!
  • o ... what bottles r u using?
  • o u already said what bottles u were using my bad.... interesting well I have no clue .... :-\
  • Try soy formula. My daughter would do the same thing after eating ...more of vomiting than spitting up, switched to soy and it was much better! Good luck hun!
  • Its a little pricey but similac alimentum .... My son had gerd soooo bad and his doc told me about alimentum its in a purple can and worked awesome!
  • Sounds like reflux to me...you should talk to the pediatrician about it. In the mean time keep her upright as much as possible and for at least 30 mins after each feeding.
  • ok thanks everyone!
  • could be acid reflux?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kk I sure am thanks everyone!!