Size 1 diaper question!

edited September 2011 in Health
How old && how much did ur bby weigh wen.u started size 1 diapers?? My bby will b one month in 5 days n shes still in NB .. she was 8:13lb wen born && was 9:5lb 2 weeks ago.. I have like 10 nb diapers wonderin if I should twitch to ones which I have or buy more nb!!??

Comments

• If u already have ones I wuld try those instead of having to buy more
  • I put my son in them early. He was a pro at peeing out the top of the newborn diapers. He was only 6lbs when I started using size 1.
  • I used nb diapers for a couple of weeks with my son. To prevent little boys from peeing out of the top fold it under. It'll catch all the pee.
  • I would try a size 1 on her and then go from there. If she doesn't leak in the size 1, then just switch.
  • I switched my son to size 1 even as a new born because he peed out of top. He's 7weeks and I just switched him to size 2...just to keep from the explosions ...he was making a mess in the ones...he's 13lbs!
  • I have a girl hehe! she does pee through sometimes though.. guess its time :)
  • My daughter is 5 weeks old I started size 1 like 2 weeks ago. She was 9.11 at 4 wks old
  • mine could wear size one at that weight.. kinda big.. but it will be fine.. if thats what you have.. no biggy and if you want just fold the top down a lil for a more snug fit
  • How many nb nappies did u ladies get through? Everyone keeps buying me them and I'm kinda thinking we won't use them all!!
  • I had to switch my daughter at about 2 weeks. Every time she would poop it would get everywhere esp up her,back so i had to switch. It your baby leaks then i'd try the size 1
  • My bby never fit on nb size. She weigh 10.12 when she was born... now at 3mnths weighn 16 lbs shes on a size 2!
  • edited September 2011
    Lol a nappy is Wat we call a diaper in the UK @august22baby
  • My daughter will be a month old tomorrow and she's still in NB diapers...she weighs just under 8 pounds...she was 6lbs 8ounces at birth...and she's never leaked.
    @ellieb1989 We've gone through two big boxes of nb diapers ...plus some ones from the hospital. I've used Pampers and huggies and she's never leaked. I've had a size 1 on her and they are huge on her...she's just a tiny girl.
  • My second son was 9 lbs 2 oz when he was born and the hospital put him in size 1' s there. So nb never fit him.
  • @myressa2011 omggg my girl pooped yesterday n it came allll the way up to her belly button!!! definitely thing its time!! I didn't even think of it that way that its mayb she needs bigger diapers.silly me
  • My son is 8.1 and he's in a 1
  • My little girl is still in nbs too. She weighed 8.2 wen born and now is over 9 lbs at 4 weeks I'm buying another box of nbs then switching to ones
  • @jazzi89 she doesn't leak through yet??
  • @betty whoaaa big healthy girl :)
  • My baby is 11 weeks and I just bought her first box of size one diapers. She weighs 10 pounds.
  • @betty she's healthy, I love big juicy babies with fat thighs lol... but I think u can start on the 1's, I always say bigger is better for when they pee a lot or poop on they backs!
  • No she's only messed once
  • My son was born at 9lbs 9oz he's 19 days old today and we had him in nb diapers til about last Tuesday. We only went up to size 1's bc he kept peeing through the nb diapers. The size 1's are big on him (he's really not a chunky baby despite now being 9lbs 13oz...I didn't believe them when they said he was 9lbs 9oz after he came out bc he looked tiny) but they keep in the pee lol we fold the top under and like @beautiful_altar said it keeps the pee in.
  • @naliibby2 yes it was bad she did it twice once when we were out and it was everywhere i had to have my mom help clean her. After that mess i got the size 1s. She was only 7lbs 10oz when she was born but shes very long so the 1s are a little big just have to fasten them real tight. But no more accidents :)
  • My daughter was a preemie and didn't wear size 1 diapers until she was 3 months old haha
  • Lily was in 1's at birth. She weighed 9#5.
  • Started using size 1 at 1 week old, he's about 9lbs 4 oz
  • @myressa2011 oh man sounds like mee lastniight it was evveryywhherreeee!!! o man.. size ones It issss :)))