anyone else afraid to have another baby?

edited September 2011 in Parenting
I have a 10day old son, only child, don't get me wrong I love him soooo so much, but I am super scared to have another baby, this one is enough for me. I wanted a big family..but I don't think I can go through all this fussing & crying after this one. Now I think I will be good w/only 1 kid. Who else feels like this?

Comments

• I have a 21 month old and a 4 month old and I want another. They aren't so bad after 3 months.
  • Not all babies are the same. They eventually grow out of this stage and you will soon forget the hard times and will miss the tiny babies they once were :) I understand it's so hard to barely function as human being at first when you are dealing with a newborn but it will eventually pass when baby starts sleeping longer at night, I promise it does get better you just have to hang in there!
  • Time will help you forget the fussing and the crying. And you've only been doing this for 10 days! After you get through a few months, you'll feel like a pro! But I always said I wanted 4 and after I had one, I knew 2 would be plenty for me, lol!
  • When I first got pregnant with my first I was so scared of having another baby that my husband and I hardly ever has sex...throughout the whole pregnancy and for about 6 months after...it was no fun for either of us.
  • When I had my first I swore blind I would never have another then a year and a half later I was so broody and now have a 4 month old and want another in a few years time :)
  • edited September 2011
    I agree with @laura536!! When i had my baby i told my hubby and mom that i was never ever going to have another baby because it hurts too much and I was sleep deprived! My mom said "look hun, you will forget in a few months about the pain and you will want another baby". I said, no way!! I am not going to forget because I am going to video tape myself describing everything. Well....lets just say that i forgot to video tape myself lol!! Now i want another baby :).
  • I have a 4&3year old and one due November 9th and I don't want anymore. So my doctor is going to tie my tubes,so I don't have try o be worried about having anymore.
  • I completely agree!
  • I felt that way for years.. But now im on #3
  • @cfa I wanted to get my tubes tied also but they said I have to have 3kids or be 25..& I'm neither of those. I'm 20 w/1 baby
  • @clope18 yeah they gave me a hard time about it because I'm only 21 but I'm so positive that I don't want anymore I have push, I even told hiM that if he wouldn't do it I would find another doctor who will. so he is going to do it. What kind of birth control are you on? Or witch one are you going to try?
  • @cfa I have no clue yet. I was on depo but I won't ever get on it again, I had horrible side effects on it. So I'm not sure which is safe & best
  • I felt that way at first too, all parents are overwhelmed during the first few months. My daughter is 4 months now, and I want another already.
  • @Clope18 well I got pregnant on the pill with my first and the hormones would make me an emotional wreck so I got the iud and it worked For me! Hubby and I never used any protection and I didn't get pregnant until about five months after i got it taken out. Well I wish you luck with what ever you choose:)
  • Hunny it took me 8 yrs to have another one
  • If pregnancy wasnt so long then maybe I wouldve been wanting more but its hard
  • @Rhianna1213 that's how I feel. & labor with my baby boy was not a good experience for me & ended in a c-section & completely destroyed my body :(
  • I'm scared to right now yess but I.do know I want more :) mayb 1 or 2 more in bout 3_4 years :)