in hospital

edited September 2011 in Pregnant
I am in hospital, high blood pressure swollen feet hands and knees, protein in wee, had blood taken and more urine as looks like another infection too. Please keep your fingers crossed for me! Waiting to see doc now. Good news is that it sounds like they might sign me off for my last 4 weeks of work! Work has been horrible and with a pelvis that keeps having to be put back in and a horrible boss i will be glad not to go back! Wish me luck as only 34 weeks on wed x

Comments

• I hope everything works out great! My first was born at 34weeks. And only spent 10days in the nicu she is now almost 5 and you'd never know she was a preemie!
  • I hope everything is ok. keep us updated. You are in the best place :) xx
  • Lots and lots of luck & prayers... hope everything comes back ok!! Let us know ;)
  • Update- still have protein in wee, bp bit better but still high. Doing a 24 hour urine test and had a scan today. Baby has been measuring ahead in the 97th percentile and now they say he is way above this so not sure what to think! Find out more in morning!
  • Hope everything turns out okay for both you & little one.
  • Good luck hun, hope everything ok :) tag me with update if you remember in morning please ****positive thoughts**'*
  • Good luck. Sending positive thoughts your way xx
  • Thank you everyone! @samiuk have you had your little one yet!?
  • Nope :( induction booked for Saturday x
  • good luck :) hope everything is ok :)
  • Good luck hope everything turns out ok!
  • Good luck hun, I hope everything gets sorted quickly!! Hope you are managing to get some rest (*)
  • How's things hun? you ok? x
  • I will be praying for you and your little one.
  • I hope everything turns out ok....
  • Thanks everyone! At home now, bp pretty much normal but swelling still pretty bad. They think i may in pre-e but aren't now. They did a scan and baby now measuring at 40 weeks 6 weeks ahead and have excess fluid so think i have GD so being re tested for that as was ok last time. Just need sleep now, made me cry everytime i saw or heard a baby today in glad to be home! Any GD advice appreciated! Thanks all :)
  • Glad you and baby ok! my friend just got induced 2 weeks early has had GD baby was 8lb 10oz and she had a couple of extra scans x
  • Fingers crossed i am the same! Don't feel half as bad just knowing i don't have work lol. Did she just diet or have to inject or anything @samiuk
  • I don't think so, just controlled diet you been signed of then? YAY!! lol no more work :) x
  • Signed off for two weeks, i just asked doc when i got out of hospital and she said that's fine what shall i write on note? Lol. May go back for last week or two or just leave early but at least i will know what's going on with me in a week or so! Good luck for Saturday can't wait to see pics x
  • Good luck hope everything goes good with u and baby
  • GD isn't really bad at all. I have it and have had it for about 8 weeks now. I control it with diet. Which isn't too hard once you get the hang of it and learn what is good and bad for you. Its different for everyone. I also take my blood 4 times a day and keep a log of that to send to the doctor every week. Taking your blood gets annoying and old after a while, but its just something you have to remember to do. Don't worry too much about the GD.
  • Oh, and my baby is measuring right on time.. she isn't big or anything like they say most GD babies are. Although she is measuring right on time, my doctor won't let me go full term because the longer the baby is in there with GD the more can go wrong. We are going to start talking induction around 38 weeks.. (just a 1w3d left!)
  • Thanks @1stwoodsbaby that makes me feel better i am just so scared of needles its unreal which doesn't help. Me know baby is definitely big as now measuring above the 97th percentile after 4 sizing scans but they don't seem worried about me gettin him out which i find strange, i guess to them it doesn't matter if i have a section but Im not keen! I guess either way baby will be here in 6 weeks so i need to focus on that and not be a wimp :)
  • I got admitted for the same thing yesterday. Im on a 24 hour protein test. And then ill know more. Im 37 weeks and 5 days. Ill be getting induced if this doesn't clear up. :/
  • Bless you :( i think i would of just been induced if i was were you are at so be prepared for that! My 24 hour test was clear but. They said i had alot of protein when first went in so i got no idea, just hoping i don't have gd and wish i was four weeks further on so i could get induced! @pwchance good luck with yours, not long til babies either way!
  • No, im ready. They just took mine back. The doctor wants to induce me (if it comes back bad) but, im only fingertip dilated and it would be one long painful ride. :/
  • Eek, well lets hope its either clear oru dilate really quickly! Good luck x